Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Shipping terms in Italian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 11:55 am    Post subject: Shipping terms in Italian Reply with quote

Got an Italian client that wants us to deliver CIF, we normally do everything Ex Works as then the client is in control of the shipping process and can make sure they're happy with freight forwarder and insurance arrangements. Not a problem to sort but the main issue is the Insurance from our own experience it's MUCH better to have your own (importers) insurance, I'd like to explain this to the client but my Italian is appalling, how do I do it?

Northern_Lad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping terms in Italian Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
Got an Italian client that wants us to deliver CIF, we normally do everything Ex Works as then the client is in control of the shipping process and can make sure they're happy with freight forwarder and insurance arrangements. Not a problem to sort but the main issue is the Insurance from our own experience it's MUCH better to have your own (importers) insurance, I'd like to explain this to the client but my Italian is appalling, how do I do it?

Ask Tigger, nicely.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, shall PM her.

nora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think shes at work at the moment but should be around later.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nora

nora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahir, i've just phoned Tigger and she's not at work, she's tidying up as has some people coming to view her house. Anyway she said could you put the details of what you want to say in a PM to her and when she's tidied another room she'll have a look and see if she can help.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have PMd her ta Nora

tigger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 07 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that's ok

I've lived here too long so sometimes my english turn of phrase is a bit odd I hope it didn't make you laugh.

My business italian is better than my business english!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive