Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
wing mirror glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 7:30 am    Post subject: wing mirror glass Reply with quote

Got a friend here who has a small family business producing glass for car door mirrors, so you don't have to buy the whole mirror, just replace the glass. She was given the names of companies who might be interested in importing to England, but those who replied were only interested in the whole mirror with the plastic casing too.
Any ideas as to who she should contact? they make mirrors for all the leading makes and models of cars.
Thanks

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most car DIY places (Halfords etc) seem to do an own brand replacement glass for wing mirrors, so they presumably already buy diirect from the manufacturer. I wonder if they might have better luck contacting some of the enthusiast clubs for particular models. For example, I know there are sites out there that just stock things for VWs, maybe they might be interested?

Fee

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We replaced one of ours a few weeks back with just the mirror part, from Halfords (was only a couple of quid aswell, when we'd been quoted about £20 online!).

As Sally said, it might be better to contact the car clubs. The only one I can point you in the direction of is the MG Owners Club, they have a magazine they send out to members that's got lots of advertising in the back.https://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgoc

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH had his replaced on Tuesday whilst having the car serviced - he had to really battle just to have the mirror replaced they were desperate to sell him the whole thing

Fee

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernie-woman wrote:
OH had his replaced on Tuesday whilst having the car serviced - he had to really battle just to have the mirror replaced they were desperate to sell him the whole thing

Yep, we had a similar thing in the garage, in fact I think they actually told us we couldn't just replace the glass! Hence me going to Halfords

tigger

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll tell her to try that.
I wonder if it might be a good idea for her to get a web site going in English.
I'll be seeing her on Monday so we can have a think about what to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive