Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Hello from France

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 07 10:24 am    Post subject: Hello from France Reply with quote

Hello,

We are interested in setting up a Buddhist co-housing village in France, and would love to hear from others who are interested in the project. We're holding a retreat this August at our current retreat centre, to meet with those interested and exchange ideas, hopes, experiences, etc!

Take care,

The Dharma House

Blue Sky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 07 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your project. Yoga isn't my cup of tea personally but I'll be interested to see how you get on with the permaculture and solar energy side of it. I wish you all the best with your venture and hope all goes well.

Enjoy Downsizer. I am sure you will find the site very useful.

Simon
(Haute-Vienne)

thedharmahouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 07 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the welcome! We wish you the best of luck with your project as well. It looks like you have a lovely place there. We'll be interested to hear how your solar project turns out, as we are hoping to go more solar ourselves. There's plenty of sunshine in this part of France.

All the best,

The Dharma House

suomi

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dharma house..... goodluck with your project,it sounds wonderful.would love to come and visit sometime.
We are based in Finland, we have about 33acres forest and fields and in the middle of restoring an old wooden house.....
if anyone fancies a trip to finland....welcome anytime

AnneandMike

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 07 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suomi wrote:

You have said that before. One of these days I'll convince the OH to take you up on that.

Mike

Blue Sky

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 07 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnneandMike wrote:
suomi wrote:

You have said that before. One of these days I'll convince the OH to take you up on that.

Me too

thedharmahouse

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 07 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suomi wrote:
Hi Dharma house..... goodluck with your project,it sounds wonderful.would love to come and visit sometime.
We are based in Finland, we have about 33acres forest and fields and in the middle of restoring an old wooden house.....

Your project sounds great! We will keep you in mind if we ever make it up to Finland!

suomi

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 07 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, the offer still stands.....welcome anytime....
we are enjoying the spring, the trees have burst into life and we are outside for the whole day. we have around 18 hours of daylight at the moment!
the chickens are here although we cant let them outside untill june 1st! sheep,pigs and goat also arrive first week of june,so needless to say we are busy building fences and shelters.
the barn needs repair,the floor has to be replaced,roof painted,guttering put up and putting in water tanks to collect the rain water.we are bulding a tempoary greenhouse on the side of the barn using all the old windows we found hidden in the barn.
the old part of the house is now completly revealed,we have takendown the ceiling and attic floor and removed all the insulation which comprised of dry earth and moss..the dust and sheer weight was terrible.
we have to replace all the beams,4 beams at 8 meters long each! we have cut down the scots pine to use and now we are letting it dry. the lower parts of the wall just below ther windows also have to be replaced.work will hopefully start in late september,we have to take all the windows out and jack up the house! thankfully we have someone who knows what they are doing to work alongside!! just hope its all done by the time winter arrives,I dont fancy trying to survive a winter here with no heat!!!!
must go and put the potatoes in,sow the peas........

whats everyone else doing right now???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive