Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
are you making Easter eggs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 10:30 am    Post subject: are you making Easter eggs? Reply with quote

I've got some moulds from Lakeland from last year and am going to have a go. Possibly with some other type of filling for the tiny ones but I think mainly just pretty chocolate.

Anybody else doing it? Packaging on bought eggs is shocking, not to mention the cost..

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a good idea I hadn't thought of that, and I have the moulds ( cakebrand cooking chocolate ones! )

Actually the farm shop here sells those pretty paper mache egg halves I remember having as a child. I've been wondering whether to get some of those and fill them with things instead.

mochyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some Fairtrade eggs from Oxfam to put into those papier mache eggs: they're very small and foil covered so they can go in with tiny pressies.

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic.but check this site out

www.cadburylearningzone.co.uk/maths

Great for kids!
Dxx

culpepper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always made ours. We have 3 sizes of egg mould so I make everyone 3 eggs and put them one inside the other like russian dolls.When the kids were little I used to put something in the middle egg ,usually one of those little chciks.One year I put a little baby wrapped in tissue in as my daughter was trying to find one for her dolls house.
We buy one of those big cadburys packets of chocolate (about 18"X12")and it enough for all of us. Ive done it with cheaper chocolate before and its worked as well but we dont often have posh chocolate so its a treat.

moggins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my moulds anymore

I had to mke them for years when they thought Callum was lactose intolerant but they are a bit fiddly to fix together with shattering them

Lots of experiments and lots of chocolate for me.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make some. I've got big egg and mini egg sized moulds (in a sale from lakeland last year for 95p!) and have so farreisted puttin soap in them! I get chocolate bits from our local posh chocolate shop (worth it, honestly!) I quite fancy making toffee or caramel to go in them, but time (or lack of) will tell! What else could I fill the little eggs with I know how to make ganache, but flavoured truffles would be great (how the devil do you make them, then!?)

I'm also looking out for medium sized moulds - cadbury's creme egg sized, but I've never found any anywhere

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 05 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I made some. They have 5 layers of chocolate on (it said four on the box, but I thought I'd add one for luck) I haven't dared to take them out of the moulds yet, as I've run out of chocolate, and so can't stick them together.

It said on the box you get thick middles and thin edges. I've got thick edges and thin middles, so I might have to add another layer, when i've been back to the choclate shop (just as well or I'd eat them before easter!)

I fancy filling the mini eggs with a caramel or toffee type filling. Does anyone actually know how to make one?

Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 05 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: are you making Easter eggs? Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I've got some moulds from Lakeland from last year and am going to have a go. Possibly with some other type of filling for the tiny ones but I think mainly just pretty chocolate.

Anyone fancy a seasonal flutter? How many Easter eggs do you think Bugs has produced?

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, mine is doubled, because I never got round to putting them together! No reason not to eat them, though - after all, you have to break them up anyway.

You can have himself's, Bugs - he's on a diet, apparently! (Not a lot of choice with the state of our kitchen at the moment!)

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't get round to doing this, but himself got me one of these...

www.farmfriends.org.uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive