Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Table top extractor

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 07 12:14 pm    Post subject: Table top extractor Reply with quote

How do you clean the flaming thing The hand powered motor (why have electric when there are two boys arguing over turning it) is bolted on the top and fixed with a couple of wing nuts either side. I don't like undoing things that aren't suppose to be undone but having swilled the thing with hot soapy before use as instructed and I want to dry it thoroughly and I can see that the frame cage is in the way..

How did you do it?

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 07 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's your table top that you need a special tool to extract it?
Sorry, just looking for my coat.

joanne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 07 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are supposed to undo the wing nuts and take the frame bit out - I've had the same fun whilst cleaning ours - Its most definately the worst part of the process

BTW - How do you think you have done? We got 22lb from one super and it looks like I've got another super to take off sometime next week

I was quite proud of my little bee's for managing that much considering I didn't get them as a nuc until the 17th June and then we had the awful weather

The taste is absolutely fabulous!!!!

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 07 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jocorless wrote:
You are supposed to undo the wing nuts and take the frame bit out - I've had the same fun whilst cleaning ours - Its most definately the worst part of the process

BTW - How do you think you have done? We got 22lb from one super and it looks like I've got another super to take off sometime next week

I was quite proud of my little bee's for managing that much considering I didn't get them as a nuc until the 17th June and then we had the awful weather

The taste is absolutely fabulous!!!!

well done on your harvest!! Don't know as yet -but you can be sure I'll let you know. I don't think its that much, word from round here and from the Oxford BKA is that harvests are a half or two thirds at best of last years and that any beginner that gets even a few jars is doing well. I think we'll manage a few jars but whether it'll be more than say 10-12 of them I'm not sure.

Will go and undo wingnuts - I was being cautious.

dougal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 07 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wingnuts are an indication that its kinda expected that a user without a spanner might want in here, probably quite often...
Now, if the fasteners are so weird that the toolshop doesn't know what they are called... that's a good indication that meddling is being actively discouraged!
But wingnuts are generally signposting "this is how to open me up"...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive