Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Bottle presentation
Page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Author 
 Message
wellington womble



Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 13479
Location: Bucks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 2:07 pm    Post subject: Bottle presentation Reply with quote    

I've got some long,pretty bottles from Ascotts to go for pressies this year - to be filled with raspberry, strawberry or rhubarb schnapps. Does anyone have any ideas for presenting them as pairs? Wrapping bottles looks amatuerish however careful I am.

It needs to be super-quick, cheap and easy, I only have to next Saturday to sort them out and package them up (otherwise I'll have to post them)

goldy1



Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Posts: 729

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

what about a bottle bag long tall tube tied a top with ribbon?

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 20607
Location: sunny wales
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

How about like a giant cracker? Will they fit into sections of poster tube, then you wrap paper round and gather the ends rather than folding and taping

2steps



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 5349
Location: Surrey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

like the cracker idea

or you could use material tubes tied at th top with nice ribbon or cord. the material will fold and scrunch neater than paper

marigold



Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 12405
Location: West Sussex
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Just came across this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furoshiki .

Ed: Look here: http://furoshiki.com/techniques.php for two-bottle wrapping technique.

Jamanda
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 33656
Location: Devon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bottle presentation Reply with quote    

wellington womble wrote:
I've got some long,pretty bottles from Ascotts to go for pressies this year - to be filled with raspberry, strawberry or rhubarb schnapps. Does anyone have any ideas for presenting them as pairs? Wrapping bottles looks amatuerish however careful I am.

It needs to be super-quick, cheap and easy, I only have to next Saturday to sort them out and package them up (otherwise I'll have to post them)


Who are Ascotts? We have been after some nice little bottles.

RichardW



Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Posts: 7980
Location: Llyn Peninsular North Wales
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bottle presentation Reply with quote    

Jamanda wrote:
Who are Ascotts? We have been after some nice little bottles.


They are smallholding suppliers. We use them for some stuff But do check around as they can some times be very over priced.

Justme

Jamanda
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 33656
Location: Devon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Do they have a website?

frewen



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 10967

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

http://www.ascott.biz/

Jamanda
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 33656
Location: Devon
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Thank you

frewen



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 10967

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 07 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I want an incubator for Crimbo - dunno what I'll do with it but I want one

mochyn



Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 24147
Location: mid-Wales
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 07 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Coo, Marigold: really like that furoshiki stuff.

I take it back: you're not a load of old dried veg. peelings.

marigold



Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 12405
Location: West Sussex
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 07 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

mochyn wrote:
Coo, Marigold: really like that furoshiki stuff.

I take it back: you're not a load of old dried veg. peelings.


Thanks mochyn - I needed a good laugh to get my endorphins going this morning!

mochyn



Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 24147
Location: mid-Wales
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 07 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

marigold wrote:
mochyn wrote:
Coo, Marigold: really like that furoshiki stuff.

I take it back: you're not a load of old dried veg. peelings.


Thanks mochyn - I needed a good laugh to get my endorphins going this morning!


we aim to please

bernie-woman



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 7824
Location: shropshire
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 07 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I received a lovely botttle of Calvados last year which was wrapped in fuschia pink voile type fabric, tied at the top with a gold ribbon - looked fantastic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com