Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
17 online on the forums!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 04 4:04 pm    Post subject: 17 online on the forums! Reply with quote

Another couple of days and another record broken, seem to be a lot of guests browsing lately. Just need to get the buggers to join!

jema

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 04 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something we can offer only to people who join?

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 04 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be a good trick.

jema

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 04 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come up with the basic idea and leave the rest to others.

I was thinking something like not viewing pics in the forums unless you register? Or, perhaps better, finding something else to offer that you don't currently get. Not sure what though.

Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 04 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already certain advantages that membership has over guests - are they prominent somewhere, perhaps on the "post message" page when someone isn't logged in...not sure where else exactly.

- edit and/or delete your own messages (think there's a time limit on the second)
- PM other members (particularly important on this site as one of its objective is to allow people to trade/work together)
- "view posts since last visit" - is that only really effective when you log in? I use it all the time, it's very very handy.
- watching threads you're interested in...do you get that as a guest, since you don't have to provide an email address?
- it's easier to contribute news, links etc

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 04 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a guest you are quite limited, but you can lurk and view and this is often a precursor to joining and I don't think we want to stop that or make it a worse experience.

People wo make the jump to posting as guest, may well be quick to join later.

jema

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 04 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs is right, as forum we already offer beneifts to users, over guests. Is it possible to have a message come up for guests, if they post, to remind them of the benefits of registering. "Thank you for your post, not register and get these features........"

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 04 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
Bugs is right, as forum we already offer beneifts to users, over guests. Is it possible to have a message come up for guests, if they post, to remind them of the benefits of registering. "Thank you for your post, not register and get these features........"

We could probably do that, though I'm inclined to wait to see if we do have people posting as guests with registering. I do not think we are seeing this yet?

I think the bigger concern is getting people to want to post in the first place, but at this stage we are growing via word of mouth on the whole, and so again it is hard to see if we have a problem.

When the search engines start sending us punters in decent numbers, then we will be able to see how well we "catch" people.

jema

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive