Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
natural beauty book

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 11:14 am    Post subject: natural beauty book Reply with quote

I've seen this book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1856265137/qid=1118661189/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl/026-3316778-5223634

in the remainder book shop for £4.99, which seems a reasonable price for it, anyone looked at it closely?

wellington womble

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me - which bookshop? (Oh no, must resist!)

Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

) A blue one. Not sure of the name, probably bookworks or bookworld or something. Sells a load of tat, and a load of paperbacks, and a load of specially published for xyz, plus the occasional decent book for no apparent reason, which is why I frequent it regularly

I think I will probably get it, should it prove useless I can return it, and if it's good I'll let you know...try not to lead you astray though. I saw an extract from it in a magazine recently with what looked like quite a useful hair treatment (for poor itchy scalps ) and although it has a lot of ingredients you won't find round the house and garden it does seem to have fairly plain recipes.

As an aside I had a night cream from Green People that smells just like jam doughnuts. But their shampoos are not up to much, I would like to make my own hair treatments (especially as nobody wants to cut it for less than the price of a minor operation, I'd better look after it!)

wellington womble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 05 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you check which bookshop? I need to pop into the real world for an hour or so later, and I quite fancy this one, but its double the price on amazon! It's not a good idea for me to go wandering round bookshops at random!

Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 05 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, I looked at the name of it last time I was in - it's The Works

Looking up the site for you now Miss Womble, can you hold?

https://www.theworks-art-books-music.com/shop/page.php?xPage=storefinder.html

Hang on, they sell online (because it doesn't look there's one in your part of the real world?)

https://www.theworks-art-books-music.com/shop/product.php?xProd=1041&xSec=10

What have I done?! Don't shoot the messenger, you'd have found out about it on your own one day anyway

Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 05 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally I am reading through it at the moment and it looks well worth the £5. There are a lot of very simple ideas - whether they work and whether you like them or not is of course another matter, but that's true of every recipe book, after all. I will certiainly be giving some of them a go.

I'm afraid the stockists list might not help with your attempts to avoid giving Mr Tesco any more of your credit card business though.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 05 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thats really helpful - you obviously don't work in customer services!

Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 05 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
Thanks, thats really helpful - you obviously don't work in customer services!

Actually, I do, sometimes. "Courteous and efficient"*, that's me

*actual customer quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive