About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Dexter Beef
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 05 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that I have orders fullfilled for one, and three quarters are to go to Essex, but there should be more beef available in September, by which time I hope to have full mail order facilities in place (got a clever chap with my website on his agenda ) but I will be doing a similar thing after we get the beef out of the way, with lamb, or more accurately mutton, which will be easier to divide up to send by carrier.

Just to add, I now have just one quarter share left, preferably in the Cambridge to Essex area, to make sure the whole animal goes to one place & then I can deliver it to a specific point. There will be more beef available in September, by which time things should be running smoother & I'll be able to offer lower than half animal quantities. In the meantime, following the beef, in July I may be doing a similar type of promotion with half or whole hoggs for mutton

Mardu

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 05 6:13 pm    Post subject: Dexter beef Reply with quote

Do you hang the beef at for any length of time ?

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 05 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, If your beef tastes anything like our Dexters, then they will be getting food fit for the gods.

Rob R

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 05 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Dexter beef Reply with quote

Paddington Bear's OH wrote:
Do you hang the beef at for any length of time ?

Between 10 and 20 days, although when we get on farm facilities we may be able to hang more towards three weeks, but I've yet to encounter much demand to make the extra costs worth it.

Rob R

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 05 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I have put together a few details:

Terms of sale

The above offer is for the sale of four halves of two Dexter steer carcasses at a wholesale price of £2-35 per kilogram deadweight*1, based upon the hook weight provided by the abattoir.

The deadweight measurement is the point of sale, on which prices are calculated and after which the animal becomes the buyers responsibility.

Confirmed orders may be cancelled where either a replacement buyer is successfully provided by the non-completing buyer, or where a replacement buyer is otherwise available. Cancelled orders cannot be accepted after the point of sale.

Where an incident of force majeure occurs, neither I nor the buyer can be held responsible for replacement. Examples of force majeure include the death of either party, the pre-slaughter death of the animal, or the condemnation of any part of the carcass for public health reasons (including the pre-slaughter loss of official animal identification).

I*2 am offering the beef for sale as half carcasses and any subsequent butchering costs will be added to the above figure.

Each half is available for sale as one lot to any individual or group of individuals who are contributors on the downsizer.net forum or the rivercottage.net forum.

I am arranging butchering at cost (~£100 per animal) for killing & cutting up.

Each half will be available in wholesale packaging*3 as reflected by the price. Information as required by the Beef Labelling (Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2000 will be provided with each half carcass.

Offal from the two animals will be available if requested. This includes the heart, two kidneys, lungs, tail and liver. Only the liver may be split between lots.

Payment is due 14 days from the date of invoice. Invoices will be generated once weights are available and payment at or before the time of collection will be acceptable*4

Payments for halves shared by a group of individuals may be either supplied wholly by one of those individuals or in part from each individual. Where full payment is not available the half carcass will not be released.

Collection is the responsibility of the buyer, although an informal arrangement between contributors is encouraged to save transport costs & time. Any delivery costs may be added to the invoice & the contributor(s) collecting reimbursed*5.

A full traceability record can be provided upon request. This includes the parentage of the animal, any movements throughout its lifetime and any medication supplied throughout its life*6

*1 Deadweight is the weight of the carcass skinned, eviscerated & the head removed. Buyers will be made aware of this information as and when it becomes available.
*2 ‘I’ as a representative of ‘Rosewood Farms’, to which all payments can be made out.
*3 No individual wrapping, packaging or labelling. Each will be presented in a number of plastic lined cardboard boxes, as divided by the abattoir. An inventory can be supplied if required.
*4 the point at which the order leaves our premises.
*5 currently proposed as £20 per half carcass, subject to change as per informal agreement.
*6 Where the animal is home bred, which both animals offered for sale here are, otherwise as much information as is available will be provided.

thos

Location: Jauche, Duchy of Brabant (Bourgogne-ci) and Charolles, Duchy of Burgundy (Bourgogne-ça)
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 05 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
at a wholesale price of £2-35 per kilogram deadweight

What a shame I am not in a position to buy. My nearest local equivalent is charging €120 per 13Kg for limousine, which I find extortionate.

https://users.skynet.be/am043994/colis_viande.htm

One of you has got the price wrong ...

Rob R

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update, there is one quarter steer (~25kg) still available. Delivery is being arranged (23rd June) for the other three quarters and payments can now be made via Paypal to our sales address: sales@rosewoodfarms.co.uk and for those who have already reserved their order, invoices will be made out on delivery.

Rob

Northern_Lad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fore- or aft-quarter?

Rob R

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern_Lad wrote:
Fore- or aft-quarter?

A mixture of both fore & hind joints, steaks, braising steak, cubed stewing meat & mince. Offal occording on request & bones if you want them too.

Nick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the delivery driver, if I can fit in anyone else en route, I will. I'm coming from Yorkshire to Cambridge/Essex and then on to Hereford.

Ten quid, and I'm yours!

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickHowe wrote:
Ten quid, and I'm yours!

I thought you were a lot cheaper than that.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
NickHowe wrote:
Ten quid, and I'm yours!

I thought you were a lot cheaper than that.

I think you may have been on some sort of bulk-buy discount.

Behemoth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a BOGOF.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 05 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried the first bit of my beef. It's bloody wonderful. Thanks Rob.

Next time he has some available, you should move heaven and earth to get some. Seriously.

joanne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 05 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like to say a big thank you to Rob and his Mum for their hospitality on Saturday when we went to pick up our half side of beef.

We now have one very very full freezer and atleast 15 litres of beef stock cooling made from the bones which smelt delicious cooking (although maybe I shouldn't have tried to strain it with sandals on as an escapee quarter of onion dropped onto my toes and severely scalded them!!!!!)

In amongst the bones and fat was enough bits of meat to make another 3lb of food for my new puppy and our cats have never been so friendly towards me.

On top of that we have 10lb+ of Rhubarb that ended up coming home with us as Rob's Mum insisted on us taking some to relieve her of it -so its roast beef and rhubarb crumble for the rest of the year - Oh its a hard life!!!!

We haven't tasted it yet - we were so exhausted after sorting out all the beef our planned steak and home grown new potatoes for tea turned into Fish and Chips from the Chippy and the OH decided it was just too good to serve to our BBQ guests yesterday - so they got served pork and chicken from our local butchers instead !!!

Once again thanks Rob

Joanne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive