Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
freecycle doesn't like me !!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 7:06 am    Post subject: freecycle doesn't like me !!!!! Reply with quote

I used to be on Freecycle it was great used it to clear things we didn't need anymore and I got some great stuff including a free chicken house and fencing. I got fed up with the begging e-mails as did many others and I withdrew from the list that was about 10 months ago. I didn't complain just left the list.

well, as we are moving I thought I would re connect on freecycle as I have loads of things I dont need any more and I'm not putting them on a removal lorry and unpacking them the other end (e.g. kids toys etc)

My problem. I have been on freecycle and tried to join my local group, Anglesey left it 2 weeks and heard nothing, so I tried again and also tried the group on the mainland, Bangor. Again a week later and I have heard nothing. I have tried just logging in and it says my membership still hasn't been approved.

Any suggestions, hate to take stuff to the tip. I am going to try a car boot sale this week for some stuff but I cant see me selling everything without going several times, which I dont want to do. I'd rather give it away than throw it.

Went

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charity Shop ?

welsh veg grower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry should have said some of it is stuff like furniture and outdoor play stuff, bit too big for most charity shops and difficult for me to get to them as I only have a small car. Freecycle is great coz people will come and get the stuff.

I also wanted to ask on freecycle for egg boxes!

Went

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welsh veg grower wrote:
sorry should have said some of it is stuff like furniture and outdoor play stuff, bit too big for most charity shops and difficult for me to get to them as I only have a small car. Freecycle is great coz people will come and get the stuff.

I also wanted to ask on freecycle for egg boxes!
.....Ah!

Some charity shops have furniture stores these days might be worth contacting a couple as they will pick up as well.

gz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 7:24 am    Post subject: freecycle Reply with quote

A lot of Welsh groups have changed to Myfreecycle. Not sure exactly what the difference is, but it works the same.
I have emailed the admin, to see if they can suggest anything.
There used to be a council run organisation for furniture in decent condition, in Gwynedd.
It might be a charity run thing now, but most areas have one.
Will let you know as soon as admin/mods get back to me

Dani

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe all the mods are on holiday.

earthyvirgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem with the Anglesey group ... I eventually emailed their mods directly and someone got back to me within a day and sorted it out.

I can login now but am pretty disappointed with the site as a whole, maybe it's just not a very active group.

EV

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check that you haven't a local group that recycles furniture.
We have one here that will pick up sofas beds etc & redistributes them to the needy.

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or get someone like earthy virgo to list your goods for you?

TheGrange

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have outdoor play stuff try local nursey groups/church run nursey/contact local schools they are often happy to take things off you or knwo who might, advertise in free paper for ppl to come and collect for free/or contact the council they will give you a list of ppl who do childcare at home some have need of toys and games or they will point you in the right direction

earthyvirgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I think The Greenhouse in Bangor might come out and collect stuff, I think they distribute to a local refuge. Not 100% sure but maybe worth giving them a ring?

EarthyV

alisjs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conwy furniture reclaim will collect furniture(Douglas Rd, Colwyn Bay) in this area....not sure if they go as far as Anglesey, but worth a phone call

earthyvirgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll mention it to my Mum too, there may be someone at her church who knows of a group/org who could use it.

EarthyV

gz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 09 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greenhouse sounds the best bet.
I'm trying the second step email to myfreecycle admin- mark it 'further help required' to get other than an automated reply. Unfortunately son is downloading, so the computer doesn't want to reply to anything and is going s.l.o.w.!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive