Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Stanley Superstar boiler range cooker

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 12 11:25 am    Post subject: Stanley Superstar boiler range cooker Reply with quote

We removed this from the house when we went over to wood burner...it was regularly serviced and ran the hot water and heating for 12 radiators. It has two lidded hot plates, and oven and a warmer section. I think it is about 84000 BTU, cannot find the destructions to confirm that.

I had a fleabay buyer for it, who has decided to vanish into thin air.
Before he did, he very kindly informed me that Stanley's are sought after in Ireland as they are reliable and easy to repair etc. Not only that but a lot of second hand oil ranges are bought to be converted to solid fuel by removing a few bits and inserting a few others! Apparently this is done an awful lot over there, but I have to say I don't know the in's and out's of how safe it is. I do know that similar can be done with other range cookers, do I guess it is possible.

Anyhow, it is brown/cream and currently sat in our driveway - wrapped up like a very wrapped up thing-on a pallet. If we can get it moved it will go into our garage.

If anyone is interested, please let me know...

Buyer would have to collect though, or arrange pick up. We are down a lane that can be quite tricky with really large trucks, but to date all my larger purchases have made it including some pallet loaded trucks.

chez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 12 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any help?

https://pegrumrangecookers.org.uk/range_cookers/pre_owned_ranges.html

At first google it *does* look as if your informant was correct - a lot of the info is Eire-oriented and they are called 'Waterford Stanley'.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 12 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask around here TT.

TTouch Homestead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 12 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cathryn

Gai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 12 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Waterford Stanley is THE range to have over here and has been for decades. We have one ourselves, solid fuel which heats the house and water. Never switched on our oil heating once since we built the house in 2007.

djoptix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 12 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's oil at the moment?

I could be interested. PM me if you have a price in mind...

dvewls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 12 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

do you still have this, i have a superstar and looking for a replacement hob - any idea of price?

Cheers

Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive