Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
seed swap?

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 11:21 am    Post subject: seed swap? Reply with quote

I know this has been done before on another site but would it be worth giving it a go here or should it be left for individuals to post personal requests for seeds?

tahir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a good idea, I'm up for splitting out different chillis for people if they fancy it, and I'll be seed saving the following this year:

Carrot Manchester Table, makes huge carrots, really good
Red Orach, can't recommend it highly enough, sowed in Feb this year, been cropping since March, easier to germinate than spinach too.
Fat Hen, took longer to germinate than Orach but useful nonetheless, good and tasty.
Lettuce Browns Goldring, a very tasty and frost hardy cos lettuce

wellington womble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something to do over the winter - I love poring over seed sites in the winter, and you'd have less problems with people on holidays, and more saved seeds available. I'm in, anyway.

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 05 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
Maybe something to do over the winter - I love poring over seed sites in the winter, and you'd have less problems with people on holidays, and more saved seeds available. I'm in, anyway.

I agree, now is not a good time as most seeds have been sown for this season. I will flag it up nearer the time but just thought it migt be an idea to see what interest there was if any

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive