Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
A FARM TO SHOOT AT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 08 7:29 am    Post subject: A FARM TO SHOOT AT Reply with quote

Hi all,
I live in Stourbridge in the west midlands. And i was wondering if any of you out there know of any frndley farmers in my area that might let me shoot a .22 air rigle on there land. Im looking to hunt for the pot.
Thanks

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 08 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Halight. Sorry I can't help with your question, but maybe someone will be able to before long.

RichardW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 08 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the airgun forums?

They some times have slots avaliable to go along with someone on their shoot.

Justme

Rob R

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 08 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A FARM TO SHOOT AT Reply with quote

halight wrote:
A FARM TO SHOOT AT

Sorry I have nothing useful to say, but the double entendre there made me chuckle

Old-Chads-Orchard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 08 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you can't hit a barn door, shoot the farm LOL

try https://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/index.php?

Bodger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 08 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: A FARM TO SHOOT AT Reply with quote

halight wrote:
Hi all,
I live in Stourbridge in the west midlands. And i was wondering if any of you out there know of any frndley farmers in my area that might let me shoot a .22 air rigle on there land. Im looking to hunt for the pot.
Thanks

Hi.
Forget the previous two witty replies, they can't help themselves, its the way that they are.
The only way for you to get permissions is to get out there and ask. Pluck up the courage and knock on doors, at the end of the day the farmer will either say yes or no.
I'd start by offering him a vermin control service to keep rats and winged vermin under control, just to get my feet under the table.
If you have skill or a trade at your finger tips to offer him in return, then thats certainly a good starter as well. You also need to join an organisation like the BASC so that you can obtain their insurance so that you can show the farmer that you have been responsible enough to take out a policy.
Geting permision to shoot over farmland can be hard to obtain, so don't expect a total stranger to take you onto some of his hard won permission.
Stick at it and good luck.

Last edited by Bodger on Sun Apr 27, 08 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

woodsprite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 08 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to a local farmer in town yesterday and he mentioned the sudden increase in people asking to shoot on his land. He welcomed the upsurge in shooting for the pot but said that he had been advised by the local NFU rep to ask if he could go out shooting with any potential shooters to check that they could indeed, hit a barn door. Apparently another farmer gave permission on his own land only to have a knock at his door from an hysterical man who'd just shot one of the farmers lambs by mistake. If this advice is more general than my locality, you might be asked to prove you're any good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive