Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Acton Scott comes to our place.

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 18 10:36 am    Post subject: Acton Scott comes to our place. Reply with quote

Well not quite but some of its current residents will be.

These days I no longer have my GOS sows and the goodness knows how many piglets they had. This is down to just a tad of old age on my part and the fact that the nearest slaughter house is close on a two hours journey away. However, every year we buy in two or three weaners in to fatten up for our own and friends freezers. They help us greatly to deal with our seasonal apple glut.

So, on Tuesday I'll be picking this years piglets up from the Acton Scott Farm Museum, which means that just a little bit of one of my favourite places will be coming home with me.

This years piglets will be Large Black cross Tamworths. The full litter are as black as the ace of spades and I don't know whether or not the ones I'm picking up will be girls or boys ? I'll have quite a long journey but it'll be well worth it. These days, we have a season ticket which gives us admission to the museum whenever we want to and the piglets are very reasonably priced too.

I'll put photos on for you to have a look at when they arrive home but that's only if I can work out how to do it. We don't have Photo Bucket and in spite of saying that I'd never do it, I tend to frequent FB groups and not forums.

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 18 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to know you have a few new piggies booked.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 18 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not move in the end then? I thought you were selling up.

Bodger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 18 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gave up about six weeks ago and took the place off the market due to nil interest. We've bought a touring van instead and go down to Cheltenham with it to see our 12 month old Grandson as often as we can. Very much second best to a move but it'll have to do.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 18 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was talk of Acton Scott having to close has it had a reprieve, Bodger? I threaten to go and see again, but it is time and unless I go with my Bridgnorth friends, I forget it as I usually go a different way home.
Did you hit the smallholder show this year at Builth? I normally do but went to the Royal Welsh show instead, this year.

NorthernMonkeyGirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 18 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun!
Sorry the moving plans didn't come through. I expect everyone is very cautious and hesitant right now.

Pig pics are compulsory though

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 18 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the house. Good news about the pigs though.

Bodger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 18 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todays the day, I'll be on the road later this morning to go and fetch Blackie, Blackie and Blackie.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 18 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 18 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a successful mission yesterday and have a couple of photos I'd like to put on. I've got them stored on the computer but don't know how to put them onto a forum, only onto FB.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 18 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the Attach File link at the bottom of the box you type into.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 19 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to post that I went to Acton Scott a few weeks back and had a really good day there with my Australian friends.
How old are your weaners, Bodger? I may well have seen them with their mothers when I visited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive