Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Another 35 bottles of elderberry stashed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 05 3:53 pm    Post subject: Another 35 bottles of elderberry stashed. Reply with quote

Using up my entire green bottle supply

there was some sediment, about half a bottle I suppose. So I figure I should have probably racked once more.

But on a practical level, i am trying to clear a bit of space today, and this helped.

Nice wine, interesting how I did 3 batches of Elderberry to a very similar recipe, and they all three have developed differently.

One was pretty instantly drinkable.
One will be abig porty wine.
This one is pretty good, but will clearly benefit from more maturing.

Gertie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 05 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When's the party then?

Wow, you must have some big wine racks in your home, Jema.

Seriously, all of our wine racks are full of home made and bought wine (mainly from France).

Every time I see a mention of home made alcohol on here it's getting me thinking about starting up again (I fancy making some cider!).

I know I'll never beat your target, but I'm going to get onto Lundy (he's an excellent wine and beer maker - even if I am a bit biased!!).

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 05 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv'e gone for a wine box approach, a simply biscuit jointed stackable MDF box that works with little wastage per MDF sheet, you can cram in more bottles space for space that with a wine rack.

Even so I am now shipping wine off to my parents garage, for long term storage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive