Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Central heating pump

Author 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 18 1:47 pm    Post subject: Central heating pump Reply with quote

I have drained down the CH whilst we fit new radiators and I am going to change the squealing CH pump. From what I can glean of the web all CH domestic pumps are the same dimensions and should be a straight swap even across different makes. Can anyone confirm this as i was resonably definate then someone said there are two sizes. Thanks

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 18 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most are interchangeable, some systems have unusual ones these are often part of the rare old boiler and are no fun to source.

iirc the usual size ones are far more common for both in boiler and out of boiler pumping and can be had in various motor powers ( some have variable power settings which can be useful for balancing a system )

out of boiler, in line pumps are an easy job with water pump pliers and a wrench.
in boiler can be a bit fiddly (a funny corners wrench often helps )

if you have a diverter valve for a hot water tank tis worth swapping that at the same time

derbyshiredowser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 18 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an old wilo gold 50 pump separate from the boiler part of a pumped CH & hot water system. In the past you used to get engineering diagrams with all the relevant dimensions on the manufactuers sites but I can't find any at present to compare the newer ranges of pumps. I'll give grundfoss and wilo a ring to see what they say. I've got two days work to clear the racking in my work room before I can get to the pump, changed the 3 way valve to a Honywell two years ago so fingers crossed it will last a bit longer thanks.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 18 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if a new one does not fit ( it probably will ) a quick cut and shut job on a pipe can adjust the gap easily for a new external pump.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive