Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Chickens for the Table course

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 22 6:24 pm    Post subject: Chickens for the Table course Reply with quote

Want to learn how to prepare your own meat chickens for the table?
Come and join us on one of our courses.

'Chickens for the Table' is a one day, very hands-on course. You will prepare your own free range chicken from start to finish (with plenty of supervision!)
We will show you how to humanely dispatch, dry pluck and dress your chicken.
Take your oven ready chicken home with you at the end of the day, for a delicious roast dinner!

This course is led by 2 vets, who also run a thriving Christmas Turkey business from their small farm on the Welsh borders.
Tutor is fully WATOK qualified.

(other courses available too)
https://www.argaecottage.co.uk/smallholdingcourses

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 22 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, there is an introduce yourself section somewhere.

we are quite friendly even though many of us have been here ages new folk are welcome, the archives are useful.

re "thing in a day" if your punters like the chook course we have experience with swine and deer(in multi historical styles) in a day or two, bunny with a rock, fire water etc

re chooks, they are ace, i miss my dirty 4 dozen, but they were to harsh on the wildlife rather than just helping with pest control.

gratuitous advice from an old chook wrangler, beware of rapist roosters dispatching one in the usual ways may go badly wrong, cull/harvest with a rifle would be best
at least it was only me and it, a crowd awaiting instruction as to conducting a perfect execution may have been a little surprised

pick the less fighty ones for teaching purposes

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 22 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps my very calm, very accurate, cut through medulla oblongata is the kindest and tidiest chook dispatch i know of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive