Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Early specimens!

Author 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:20 pm    Post subject: Early specimens! Reply with quote

Well I may have been beaten on the appearance of the St George's here in Essex, but I am extremely flabbergasted to say I found a parasol this evening

cab

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Early specimens! Reply with quote

nettie wrote:
Well I may have been beaten on the appearance of the St George's here in Essex, but I am extremely flabbergasted to say I found a parasol this evening

Wierd, but not unheard of; you're SURE of you're ID? Not something really hoopy (and deadly) like a spring amanita? (Amanita verna)

nettie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah definitely a parasol, in the usual patch at the edge of the woods. I left it there as it was all alone. There were probably more but I couldn't see for bluebells!

moogie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought for a second reading that you meant a garden parasol with someone in their deckchair sitting underneath it.

cab

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nettie wrote:
Nah definitely a parasol, in the usual patch at the edge of the woods. I left it there as it was all alone. There were probably more but I couldn't see for bluebells!

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser

I found a few shaggy parasols the spring before last; would've been around May some time. I'm really jealous you've found one so early, especially surrounded by bluebells. That must be so pretty!

They're not so common this early as some of the others; is it just me or do horse mushrooms have a bizarre habit of fruiting out of season?

nettie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't tell you, they're definitely not performing yet!!!!! Wouldn't it be so much better if they appeared now, less maggots to contend with

nettie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 05 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Moogie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive