links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Easter day

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 1:50 pm    Post subject: Easter day Reply with quote

Yesterday, a most amazing thing happened, It was Easter day and my hens had all but stopped laying for the past 4 weeks, just one every other day, I had a broody Bantam on 16 eggs of which 9 hatched ( they are soooo cute) and my FOUR other hens have been taking a keen interest in their growth. I went in to clean out the nest boxes and there were SIX eggs in one day from 4 hens???! was it a sign from God?? any Ideas anyone?
very amazed Mother Hen

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about six unless the box was not checked the day before. Ours started laying on Valentines day this year (it may have beed the day before but they were never that good at reading).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boxes are checked every day. I know it probably sounds sad but I do spend quite a lot of time in the hen house because I love to watch the little chicks, my Chickens are pets that happen to lay eggs! hence the name "Mother Hen"!

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 05 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
my Chickens are pets that happen to lay eggs!

So are ours. The PC is behind our sofa at the moment and one of our hens spent half the day coming in, hopping on the sofa, making her way to the back and peering over my shoulder. or depending on how you feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive