Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Feeling a little smug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 11 9:21 pm    Post subject: Feeling a little smug Reply with quote

Our new neighbours mentioned they were planning to get rid of a large car port from their garden. It's constructed from old garage doors, strong steel uprights and cross-members, and square-corrugated roofing.

MOH wants (needs) a workshop, but we haven't really got the readies available to buy one.

Cue brainwave! I asked the neighbours if, in return for help dismantling their car port, we could have the bits it's made of!

MOH and a friend have spent today dismantling said car port. There's enough bits and bobs to create a workshop 16 feet by 16 feet! All it'll cost us is a few paving slabs and some sand to bed them into, to make a base.

12Bore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 11 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freecyle for the sand & slabs.

Vanessa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 11 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't thought of that!

Hmmm, what can I offer on freecycle to get back in, I wonder! Or rather, to get IN in my (new) local area, 'cos I haven't freecycled since living here.

Ginkotree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 11 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its wonderful when something like this happens..you wont see himj now he has somewhere to play in

madcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done vanessa and other half,wonder how long it will take to fill it up with "work in progress",voice of experience here and a lot of the projects are mine.

Vanessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long, knowing my hubby!! It will be exclusively his domain, so the mess, muddle and work in progress will be his, too!! And the lost tools

Rob R

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, can you freecycle for clean rubble and suchlike? My main worry is that it's 'waste' and you'd need to license to carry and accept it - though if there's a loophole, that'd be great - went to the tip the other week and they had a whole skipful most annoying.

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing is waste until its heading for disposal, until then its a useful product to someone, even if they dont know it yet.

Rob R

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an EA exemption but I'd have to dig it out to check the wording, but wasn't sure if I could advertise for it or whether it'd be more trouble than it is worth.

gz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of ads on Freegle for rubble for hardcore, etc

Rob R

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might give a go then.

T.G

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's classed as Hardcore rob... yu just advertise or collect it as hardcore for building... theres your loophole

V. Brilliant, isn't it great when things like that happen.

I'm after some old red bricks, don't have to be ancient but they do have to be used, I don't want new, but can I get hold of them in Derbyshire, the grey building stone capital

Rob R

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 11 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, while joining York freecycle I have just found an article on where to recycle tetrapacks and it's right on my route into the city! Not that I get many of them, but I have been saving them up...

ellie500

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 11 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats great news i love it when that happens no waste and and a new project have fun building it xx

Ginkotree

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 11 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a very lively freecycle lot of people round here...works really well and amazing what gets given another lease of life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive