Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
I don't think that any of you will ever have seen anything

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 6:51 pm    Post subject: I don't think that any of you will ever have seen anything Reply with quote

Like this !

Do you remember the Grizzwolds in National Lampoons Vacation ?
Well in Easter 2000 the Bodgers descended on poor old mate Flat Iron in NYS.

On one outing, Flat Iron took us to a wildlife refuge called Montezuma. It consisted of a large lake surrounded by a swampy area.
We went for a pleasant walk around the perimeter of the lake on a gravel path.
At a lower level below the lake was a large canal which we looked down on. As we walked we could see that there were lots of carp in the margins of the canal . This canal ran for 400 miles to the city of New York.

As we walked further along the path we could see more and more fish . In the distance we could see a concrete culvert that ran from the lake and downwards into the canal system . The sluice at the top of the culvert was closed , denying access for the fish in the canal up to the lake.
The fish were moving towards the culvert from a half of a mile on either side of it.

The Bodger brood stood on the culvert to look at the fish and this is what they saw.

You could almost walk across the fish there were that many. They were mostly Common Carp with just the odd Mirror.
Some were pushing the 30lb mark and they were so intent on getting up into the lake that they were literally battering themselves to death in doing so.

Now thats what I call a few fish !

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippin' eck!

Bernie66

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I would have caught something there!

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Carp! That's mind boggling.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor fish

My father was a fisherman and fished in the river that flows through Dolwyddelan in North Wales (while my mother sat on the bank with her baby - me) even she remembers that at certain times of the year the waters would boil with fish (would they be salmon or sea trout sorry Dad I have forgotton)

I'm going off topic again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive