Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Kayak fishing - Aberaeron Friday 9th April 2010

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 10 8:55 pm    Post subject: Kayak fishing - Aberaeron Friday 9th April 2010 Reply with quote

Launched at Aberaeron beach this afternoon around 3.30pm for second paddle of the year, some fitness training and a casual fishing session. Launched off the beach and after a quick safety call on the vhf to the Milford coastguard (as was solo paddling) I headed south against the flooding tide towards Newquay. Tried a few inshore and further offshore marks with a new silver toby, and then paddled further for an explore a bit further than I have been before. Turned around and came back up with the tide and tried again on one rough ground mark with a deeper spinning dexter wedge. Also tried trolling my one and only jointed thundertick, which usually brings any predatory fish to the sub surface, but nothing doing.

I paddled back to Aberaeron and had a play in the harbour and up into the River Aeron, before heading north out of the harbour to try trolling the thunderstick over some shallow ground for another mile. Turned back and came back down to Aberaeron beach on the ebbing tide around 7pm, and landed back on the beach after calling back into Milford coastguard.

No fish caught or seen, but weather was brilliant sunshine and flat calm conditions, so cant complain. No photos I am afraid as camera battery hadnt been charged. Roll on them bass and mackeral arriving

magnet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 10 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great way to spend a bit of time.

Jacqui

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 10 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Husband and youngest took the boat out on the April 10th from Aberaeron harbour - not a fish in sight. They did some fishing from New Quay harbour wall on the 11th - still nothing.

Moniar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 10 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacqui wrote:
Husband and youngest took the boat out on the April 10th from Aberaeron harbour - not a fish in sight. They did some fishing from New Quay harbour wall on the 11th - still nothing.

Soon be some around Jacqui - some mackeral were caught off Tywyn reef last weekend, and I hear that one of the more local marks here is starting to show bass. I bought myself another fishing kayak today and gave it a test run further down the coast, so if your husband wants a go in a sit on top fishing kayak he is welcome to come out with me at Aberaeron to try both types out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive