Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Meet Chelsea the foraging pony

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 05 9:40 pm    Post subject: Meet Chelsea the foraging pony Reply with quote

Not wearing her foraging gear (and neither am I!!), hope to get one of her with her saddlebags on soon.

Chelsea earns her keep by carrying around bags full of crab apples, blackberries, sloes, damsons and mushrooms and is the sole reason I am permanently broke

Gertie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 05 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nettie -

Great photo!!! You both look good.

I have a concern about Chelsea carrying bags of crab apples, etc. If she is anything like our boy (the word Gannet springs to mind), she'll be trying so hard to get to eat them she won't see where she is going and trip up!!!!

Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 05 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know nuffink 'bout 'orses but can echo gertie's comments...she's beautiful and you look allright too And she's useful, not as frequent a combination as you'd like to see (still, perhaps she was in front of me in line, cos I'm neither )

How long have you horsey girls been doing this kinda thing? Always liked the idea of riding but I know it's shockingly expensive and time consuming - but I guess it's a nice way to spend your time

nettie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 05 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lovely comments girls!

Gertie - Chels gets a couple of crab apples as a perk of the job - thankfully she turns her nose up at blackberries and damsons otherwise there'd be no liqueurs to be made!

Bugs, I've been riding 30 years, but only got my girl 6 years ago as my first pony and we've never looked back - as an old girl (she's 23 this year) she only cost me £600 to buy and she costs me £100 a month all in for upkeep, the extras are down to vet bills and buying her nice rugs that she covers in mud the minute she wears them I'd rather keep her unrugged but there is no natural shelter at our yard unfortunately

It's still cheaper than paying a riding school for lessons and hacks though, plus we have the freedom to do what we like

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive