Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Migrating Web Site to New Hosting Service

Author 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 17 9:40 pm    Post subject: Migrating Web Site to New Hosting Service Reply with quote

No, I'm not looking for help. Just want to say that if all this computer stuff is supposed to make life easy - well, it doesn't.

Host I've had since 2010 sent an e-mail that my two year term expires on Feb 1, 2018. Their new two year term is significantly - did I mention it is significantly? - more expensive.

Upon the advice of a friend who is a computer software professional I signed with a different company that he recommended. Three years, new customer, very inexpensive. He even migrated my web site over for me.

But now comes the Aha! moment. I need to change the details for my file transfer program. It. Was. Not. Easy.

But the hosting company has very patient technical support, 24 / 7, who neither laughed at me while we were on the phone and if they were snarky about it to their co-workers, they at least waited until I was off the phone.

I think all is now well. Except the weather. We've had more than 2 inches of snow, heavy wet stuff. Mr Jam Lord had to take several passes with the ATV and its plow to start clearing down the driveway.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 17 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed, I seriously wouldn't know where to start.

buzzy

Location: In a small wood on the edge of the Huntingdonshire Wolds
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 17 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Migrating Web Site to New Hosting Service Reply with quote

Jam Lady wrote:
No, I'm not looking for help. Just want to say that if all this computer stuff is supposed to make life easy - well, it doesn't.

Host I've had since 2010 sent an e-mail that my two year term expires on Feb 1, 2018. Their new two year term is significantly - did I mention it is significantly? - more expensive.

Upon the advice of a friend who is a computer software professional I signed with a different company that he recommended. Three years, new customer, very inexpensive. He even migrated my web site over for me.

But now comes the Aha! moment. I need to change the details for my file transfer program. It. Was. Not. Easy.

But the hosting company has very patient technical support, 24 / 7, who neither laughed at me while we were on the phone and if they were snarky about it to their co-workers, they at least waited until I was off the phone.

I think all is now well. Except the weather. We've had more than 2 inches of snow, heavy wet stuff. Mr Jam Lord had to take several passes with the ATV and its plow to start clearing down the driveway.

Surely, surely, nobody, but nobody, believes that one any more!

Henry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive