Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
New Kit!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 05 8:25 pm    Post subject: New Kit!! Reply with quote

Well out with the Stinkers /Gun and Russell tommorow ,first time out in the season!!

My new kit nice little Buck Knife!!!

Seems like an internity when you havnt been since last year..Looking forward to Frosty Feild and Spider webs spread over Fileds and Hedgerows eh??

Morning mist hovering over Fields and just me an the Ferrits and Dog..what more could a man want?...Aurburn 26 - 32 -36?....mid 30s???

Na too much trouble....In trouble now..

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 05 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a gut hook on the top of the knife? I've often wondered what use it was for.

timberdog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 05 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it dont half come in handy once you made first cut to gut Rabbits or whatever turn round and pull ...hey prestoe one open carcass...

Just have to be carfull on pulling well clear of vital fingers if ya know me

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 05 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you slit up the front of the fresh dead rabbit and what part of the insides do you grab with the hook? I've only helped with a home raised rabbit and the guts just fall out once opend up, taking great care not to cut into them.

timberdog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 05 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i know that one the first time i skinned a Rabbit i did that God i puked!!!

Lloyd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 05 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit whiffy, isn't it?

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 05 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yes,

TD, IIRC the knife is for ensuring a shallow cut that doesn't nick the guts, rather than a tool for actually removing them.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 05 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnyboy wrote:
TD, IIRC the knife is for ensuring a shallow cut that doesn't nick the guts, rather than a tool for actually removing them.

Arh, that make sense. So you get your warm dead bunny, make a nick and insert the 'hook' bit and pull down. Hardly any danger of the guts getting caught. Seems obvious now, thanks.

Silas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 05 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kit!! Reply with quote

timberdog wrote:
Well out with the Stinkers /Gun and Russell tommorow ,first time out in the season!!

My new kit nice little Buck Knife!!!

Seems like an internity when you havnt been since last year..Looking forward to Frosty Feild and Spider webs spread over Fileds and Hedgerows eh??

Morning mist hovering over Fields and just me an the Ferrits and Dog..what more could a man want?...Aurburn 26 - 32 -36?....mid 30s???

Na too much trouble....In trouble now..

Looks like it is one that would be illigal in a public place.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 05 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kit!! Reply with quote

Silas wrote:

Ah, one of the daft laws that doesn't actually stop illegal knife use.

AFAIK, the law goes something like it's illegal to carry a fixed or lockable bladed or pointed article or a folding knife longer than 3 inches in a public place *without* good reason. I think a screwdriver could fall under the same law.

So, if you are going hunting you have good reason and it would be perfectly legal. Surely you don't think people should not eat humanely killed rabbit and people should be allowed to gut them in the most hygienic way?

There are also religious exceptions to the law.

Silas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 05 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: New Kit!! Reply with quote

Treacodactyl wrote:
Silas wrote:

Ah, one of the daft laws that doesn't actually stop illegal knife use.

AFAIK, the law goes something like it's illegal to carry a fixed or lockable bladed or pointed article or a folding knife longer than 3 inches in a public place *without* good reason. I think a screwdriver could fall under the same law.

So, if you are going hunting you have good reason and it would be perfectly legal. Surely you don't think people should not eat humanely killed rabbit and people should be allowed to gut them in the most hygienic way?

There are also religious exceptions to the law.

Not bothered either way, just pointing out the law regarding such weapons.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 05 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see some actual statistics about the new law to see what sort of people have been chaged and if 'knife culture' as the papers call it exits and has gone up or down.

I simply don't understand the ban on locking knives. What ever happened to the idea of stopping the sale of long pointed kitchen knives?

Jan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 05 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive