Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Nickel Batteries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 19 4:49 pm    Post subject: Nickel Batteries. Reply with quote

With the development of good Lithium based batteries, Nickel batteries have fallen out of favour. No great surprise because the lithium ones are a whole lot better, but it seems to me that a whole lot of usable nickel cells are being thrown out and I am wondering if they might still be put to use as a powerbank or somesuch thing.

Alternatively, what else might I do with this pile of nickel cells that I have accumulated over the years?

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 19 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do degrade with age/use, especially age, chances are recycle them via a battery collection point is the best option.
less end of use mess and less mining in places where mining does not benefit the locals.
ni and cd have issues at both ends of the chain.

decent quality,newer generations of li are very affordable and will do the job/last a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive