Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Posters who use abusive language
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 05 11:52 pm    Post subject: Posters who use abusive language Reply with quote

in my line of work, (Prison Officer), I am accustomed to verbal abuse. Some say it's part of the job, but I still do not tolerate it when it boils down to aggression. Recently we have experienced abuse on the forums, and as such I wonder what everybody's view is on people challenging your comment with a verbal insulting outburst.....Do we tolerate it?...Or challenge it?

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 05 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Posters who use abusive language Reply with quote

Madman wrote:
in my line of work, (Prison Officer), I am accustomed to verbal abuse. Some say it's part of the job, but I still do not tolerate it when it boils down to aggression. Recently we have experienced abuse on the forums, and as such I wonder what everybody's view is on people challenging your comment with a verbal insulting outburst.....Do we tolerate it?...Or challenge it?

Abuse is against the forum guidelines and should be reported to the forum mods or site admins.

If someone is abusing the forum, then don't place yourself in the wrong by responding in kind. We have mods and admins to deal with these issues.

jema

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure many of us hear stuff we object to during the course of our working day...........................here is a sanctuary.......! need I say more? Any opportunity a MOD has to see such violation of the ethos.............................DESPATCH!

deerstalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Posters who use abusive language Reply with quote

Madman wrote:

I will not tolerate it at all, and I WILL remove all I see.

If you take exception to anybodies view, PM them. But NEVER post such PM's into the public forum. PM's should be kept private without obtaining the consent of the originator.

Anybody who does this in future, especially when it contains abusive language WILL BE BANNED.

nettie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo Deerstalker I love it when you get all masterful

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's lovely isn't he?

nettie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown - nose.

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just payin' my respects, lady!

deerstalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Madman, nettie is my choice before you

Last edited by deerstalker on Wed Feb 09, 05 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 05 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(defers to rank)

deerstalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want him anyway.....He's boss-eyed!!

Lloyd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Lloyd on Wed Feb 09, 05 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

sugarplumhalle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree I think bad language should definetly be kept out of the forums although i probably wouldnt challenge it I wouldnt be very "impressed" so to speak.

I too have to put up with it all day long (work on a secure psychiatric unit and the patients often get upset and abusive) and dont think swearing is necessary. The only time i use naughty language is usually when no other word in the English dictionary can express how I feel (i.e. when i drop something extremely heavy on my bare tootsies, set fire to myself or get very very very angry) Since when we are writing here it isnt a case of "it just flies out your mouth" its more you know exactly what you are writing/saying

Dont know if that makes sense but I know what i mean,

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 05 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be few and far between on here.

Anyway, if people have cause to complaint then they should either PM the individual directly and try and resolve it amicably (we are all adults here after all) or PM the mods.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive