Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Recommended garden shredders

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 08 8:44 am    Post subject: Recommended garden shredders Reply with quote

Reminded by the wood chipper thread ...

Does anyone have any recommendations for garden shredders. Preferably electric. The last one I had was a blade model with no reverse gear so it was extremely noisy, prone to jamming and a pain to free up when it did.

joanne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 08 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - This one - My friend bought it last week to do all his mammoth amount of hedging that had been cut back - Its not overly expensive but it certainly does the job and if its something like privet that is a bit sappy - the branches get mashed the first time round - put them through again and they get nicely shredded up

The company is very efficient as well and you don't pay for delivery

James

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 08 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ones to avoid are the shredders with a circular cutting blade. You can tell those by the inclined motor. I had one and it was noisy, overheated very quickly and broke after a two seasons of use.

It looks like Jocorless's suggestion is not one of those- it crushes & grinds (instead of cutting) and its motor is horizontal (not inclined)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive