Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Sorted ! ( well sort of :) )

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 17 1:07 pm    Post subject: Sorted ! ( well sort of :) ) Reply with quote

Last night after dark, with the help of a torch I hasten to add, I sorted out a breeding set of Welsh Harlequin ducks and I'm pretty happy with what I've ended up with. I'll leave it two or three weeks to let the females clear of the other drake that I have and then I'll start to put some of their eggs into the incubator. Ooh I do like ducklings.
I've got a very nice drake and five equally as nice hens (ducks) .
Sometime this morning, six became five and one of the little devils managed to get out of its new enclosure and get back to her reject mates. I'll have to catch her up tonight and try again. The ungrateful git !
What do you think of them? Welsh Harlequins in both male and female shouldn't have blue bars in their wings.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 17 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a very handsome addition to the flock, im not a big fan of ducks as dinner but a fried duck egg among the breakfast goodies is a proper treat

Bodger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 17 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All six eventually managed to escape back to the collective but although they might have had a cunning plan for today, I've got one for tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive