Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Spinning For Bass

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 06 11:08 am    Post subject: Spinning For Bass Reply with quote

I'm going spinning for Bass hopefully tomorrow night, I'll be using my carp rod and was wondering what lb line I should have on my reel? (it's got 15lb at the minute)
Also do I use a trace (snap tackle) as if I were pike fishing?

Ta

Stew

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 06 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the rocks are sharp 25 lb min
wire traces are robust but they are not too toothy .
wash freswater kit at the end of fishing
a sliding float to limit the depth the lure can sink is useful overweed or rough ground
bait can help
fresh macrel is a good bass bait (also spun sand eel )they will take other stuff and other fish will as well
pollack are ok bbqued

Bodger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 06 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewy
Your 15lb line should be fine . I peronally don't use a wire trace when spinning for bass or mackerel. I use a 7/8s of an ounce lure and find that I can cast this out between 60 and 80 yards with a fixed spool reel . I'll try and get some photographs of the lures that I've used succesfully.
I always look for the sand eels being in close and although I've mentioned the distance that I'm casting I more often than not hook up into the bass very close to the shore.

Stewy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 06 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the good news is that I caught my first ever Bass, 3 of em in fact The bad news is that the biggest was only about 8 inches long

My old man caught a nice 5lb one though so we didn't go hungry

In the end I put 20lb line on and I reckon it's a bit heavy for spinning with my light carp rods so I'm putting the 15lb back on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive