Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
The "back" button doesn't work here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 10:12 pm    Post subject: The "back" button doesn't work here Reply with quote

If I hit "back" I just get "the page cannot be displayed".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also when I've gone forward again and hit "downsizer forum index" then of course all the red posts disappear and I don't know what's new.

nettie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALSO it would be good to have a login/log out on the home page

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused What browser are you using? we do have a login on the main page and back works here.

jema

nettie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No logout though. Would like to logout from wherever I happen to be at the time.

Also "Latest articles" changes depending on where I am on the site... I keep losing track of where things are.

The back button thingummy only fails when I'm going from a forum thread back to the main forum page. I have Internet Explorer.

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 04 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see logout up top in the forums and most the way down on the left on the home page. But it does not appear on every page of the main site. I can change this if requested.

jema

nettie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 04 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'twould be good to have it on other pages so I don't have to keep coming back to the forum to log out : )

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 04 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking further is does seem to be in the left hand menu of all the pages.

Can you post a link of where you don't think it appears please.

jema

nettie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 04 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a log in, but not a log out. I think it would be nice to have both at the top of the page, in a more obvious place, like it is on the forum pages, as that's where most of us will be going!

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 04 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nettie wrote:
Yes, there is a log in, but not a log out. I think it would be nice to have both at the top of the page, in a more obvious place, like it is on the forum pages, as that's where most of us will be going!

ah I get it. This is because the forums and the main page have seperate systems. You cannot see logout of the main page, as you have not actually logged in. I hope that makes sense.

Sorting this is on the "todo" list.

You have a totally sound point about menu position, but this might be hard to achieve.

What I have done with this site, is to merge a forum system and a "content management system". This is a bit of a hack, and creates a few complex issues to deal with. For a site than is a little over a month old, we have done a lot on the looks and the technical side, but it still needs some more polish.

jema

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive