Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Willow for Hurdle making

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 05 12:36 pm    Post subject: Willow for Hurdle making Reply with quote

Hi all,
I want to make some willow hurdles to fence off my veggie patch from my roaming chickens, anybody know who could supply bundles of willow in the Cambridge region? I've found loads of pre-made hurdles at megga money prices but I'm sure I could make them myself for cheaper

Si

Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 05 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
The willow came from www.englishwillowbaskets.co.uk, and was about 30 quid for something daft like 300 four foot willow sticks (i think they have a proper name) I know there are others, but I got them from the GW website. They were very efficient, didn't charge for delivery, and by the time I had remembered to email them to check when they were coming, they had arrived! I ordered either Monday night, and they were here yesterday. I was quite impressed.

From https://forum.downsizer.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=37530

I'm not sure what size you need for hurdles though, but it sounds like you're doing something very similar to Miss Womble so she might be able to help out.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 05 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made live willow fences - they were about 30 quid for what I reckon must be 30m of fencing. Not hurdles though, I've kind of woven them together. I will wrest the digicam from Mr Womble (who keeps taking it to photograph some damn car!) and put pictures up. I'm not sure if what I've done would be suitable for chickens, as they are smaller than dogs, and can flutter about. Also they are probably more intelligent than my dogs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive