About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Does this look ok to people?
Page 1, 2  Next

Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:02 pm    Post subject: Does this look ok to people? Reply with quote

I'm slowly getting there with the new shop, I think I'm probably going to have to ask Jema to wave his magic wand over a couple of 'fixes' that I can't work out for myself, but I am managing to tweak some bits myself and I have every intention of trying to do the bigger fixes myself before calling in the cavalry!

I've still got stacks to do in terms of adding in stock, uploading pictures and so on, but I think the basic framework of the shop is looking functional and I'm hoping to let it loose on the world next weekend if all goes well this week.

Would a couple of you be kind enough to have a quick scoot round it and see if you can spot any real problems. I know there are some pictures that are wonky or missing, but its more a case of checking whether there are operational glitches that I can't see from my side that I need to know about.

Its not colourful or fancy, but that's deliberate. I reckoned that as its my first attempt at using oscommerce I wouldnt mess too much with the default settings, but I have been changing bits of text, American spellings, little admin images and that sort of thing, so I may have screwed things up in places I havent spotted!!

www.sallypointer.com/shop

pricey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all looks fine to me Sally, all the pages open, I couldnt see some of the photo's but I think that is my computer.

I think you have done very well, I really like the littlle boxes do we get DS discount

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good to me Sally - love the boxwood boxes - have bookmarked you for nearer the festive season - do you make those yourself?

madmonk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice site Sally one I can find my way around, congratulations.

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernie wrote:
Looks really good to me Sally - love the boxwood boxes - have bookmarked you for nearer the festive season - do you make those yourself?

Some of the pics didn't open for me either - but I sometimes get that being on a Mac

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pics just arent there yet- that may be all that was. Yep, every last thing is made by us unless it says otherwise Gareth is the wood turner, boneworker and jeweller, I do the knitting, sort out the books, pomanders, plague rats and that side of stuff.

Thanks m'dears, its good to know it actually works on a differnt computer

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Sally, really clean and clear, does exactly what you'd expect it to (that's a lot more than can be said for most sites)

nora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes......... its looking very good from here.

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to make more of the manual labour involved and the natural processes, would the casual punter know what madder was or even felting?

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Sally - it looks superb, fast clean,easy to navigate.

A few of the pics are a bit slower to load than the others - are they higher resolution? It's not a major problem at all, but all of the others load really quickly

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"hand knitted in white Jacob wool, then heavily felted and dyed with madder before having its surface napped and cropped by hand."

Flip Sally that's a lot of hard work, wonder if you could get away with charging more?

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
"hand knitted in white Jacob wool, then heavily felted and dyed with madder before having its surface napped and cropped by hand."

Flip Sally that's a lot of hard work, wonder if you could get away with charging more?

ah yes, the endless dilemma. Simple answer- I dunno, it seems to be about what the re-enanctment market will take, I think its the same with any hand made item, if you charged the minimum wage per hour you'd never sell anything

Cathryn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really clear and straightforward.

nettie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 06 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's lovely you could charge waaaay more for the wooden stuff xx

pricey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 06 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nettie wrote:
It's lovely you could charge waaaay more for the wooden stuff xx

I agree, but not before I buy some

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive