Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
New Recycling Ideas
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 11 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ran a very successful information day in July and Tesco Express were very supportive.They have been a very good asset to our local community sinse they opened and along with providing employment to the local area they have not taken anything away from it either.
Maybe you should try talking to them in your area and get Tesco involved in local events along with other retailers.
If more people communicated with one another then maybe we would not have half the problems that we have.

Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeolienne wrote:
By the way, do you mind not shouting? Please.

He's not; he's emphasising.
A.

ros

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amandajanemartin wrote:
We ran a very successful information day in July and Tesco Express were very supportive.They have been a very good asset to our local community sinse they opened and along with providing employment to the local area they have not taken anything away from it either.
Maybe you should try talking to them in your area and get Tesco involved in local events along with other retailers.
If more people communicated with one another then maybe we would not have half the problems that we have.

please a little about yourself ?

we don't get many folks singing the praises of Tesco in here!

amandajanemartin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to know anything about me because what I do encorporates my whole community.We all work together and try and support local events and with this we develope a wider circle of people and links. We promote recycling re-using and reduction ,where possible.This could beanything from large events to only a handful of people trying to do "Their Bit".So, I think the word is DIVERSE.

chez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen my sock?

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chez wrote:
Has anyone seen my sock?

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but I have your chicken

chez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 11 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can keep the egg

john

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 11 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31-1-2011.
Hi ALL I hope you and yours are all well, I've got some very bad news to share with you as it may concern YOU too, in regards to renting an allotment plot from a council, which you may or may not know about,because I've just been told by ConfusedRhubarb that our own GREENWICH Council is going to TRIPLE our RENT's in APRIL. With this in mind johnlawrence84 -has posted on www.Allotments4all.co.uk about now getting a petition together, which you might want to know more about to get in touch with him, the more signatures the better. We think that our GREENWICH Council have been trying to keep the allotment rent increase very very quiet, because they know that there are LAWS PROTECTING ALLOTMENT PLOT HOLDERS and ALLOTMENT SITES too. Whilst I'm trying to promote my own way of the 3Rs of waste plastic container gardening to help grow things, having your own allotment plot to spend some time on, enjoying they say a simple life with people of all ages, this I'm sure will all change if people can't afford to pay such a high increase, which I've just been told about.
ALLOTMENT RENTS MAY RISE BY 200 PER CENT. As reported in one of our local news papers dated 26-1-2011. GREENWICH campaigners say many people will be FORCED TO GIVE UP THEIR ALLOTMENTS IF GREENWICH Council pushes ahead with PLANS TO DRAMATICALLY INCREASE RENTS. The town hall wants to increase the cost of hiring one of the sought-after plots by more than 200per cent to raise £72,000 over the next four years. A delegation of plot-holders, representing over 18 allotment sites, met with the Greenwich council cabinet member for culture, Councillor John Fahy, at Woolwich Town Hall on the 27-1-2011. They discussed the move, which for some will raise RATES FROM £65 a YEAR to £200 a YEAR from APRIL 1, with a FURTHER INCREASE of £50 in 2013.
The HIKE is part of the town hall's £21.43million package of cuts and savings announced in December 2010. The council is set to LOSE £63.4million in Government cash over the next four years on PUBLIC FUNDING. At the meeting, CAMPAIGNERS SAID an UNFAIRLY HIGH PRICE was being HEAPED ON THEM, arguing that the health benefits of an allotment outweigh the relatively small amount of cash increasing rates will generate. Members of the group also pointed out the council had a LEGAL OBLIGATION TO LET allotments AT RENTS PEOPLE COULD AFFORD TO PAY. CURRENTLY the council charges £6.50 per rod - just over five metres.
The PROPOSALS would see the price rocket to £20 per rod for residents and £40 for non-residents, one of the members said, they always seem to look at putting up prices rather than thinking about what savings could be made. Another member said " allotments were a social leveller , and another member said ALLOTMENTS are an important way in which the COMMUNITY COMES TOGETHER, and if they become unaffordable it would be a BIG LOSS. Another member said, There are NOT MANY ALLOTMENT HOLDERS WHO KNOW ABOUT THE RISE.
SOME PEOPLE I KNOW are going to be PHYSICALLY ILL - THEIR ALLOTMENTS PLOTS MEAN SO MUCH TO THEM.
(ME) I AGREE, so please help to spread the word in anyway you can , BUT? I think the council thinks, because we are growing our own food at a cheaper price we can afford to pay more. This I'm sure will only encourage more people to sell what they grow at makets or boot fairs, if the rents do go up by 200 per cent in Greenwich SE10 . May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP (recycling) www.recycling.moonfruit.com

Aeolienne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 11 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john wrote:
Whilst I'm trying to promote my own way of the 3Rs of waste plastic container gardening to help grow things, having your own allotment plot to spend some time on, enjoying they say a simple life with people of all ages, this I'm sure will all change if people can't afford to pay such a high increase, which I've just been told about.

How different is your "own way" from "the concept derived by Scottish sustainable charity REAP" (article in Positive News)?

john

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 11 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeolienne wrote:
john wrote:
Whilst I'm trying to promote my own way of the 3Rs of waste plastic container gardening to help grow things, having your own allotment plot to spend some time on, enjoying they say a simple life with people of all ages, this I'm sure will all change if people can't afford to pay such a high increase, which I've just been told about.

How different is your "own way" from "the concept derived by Scottish sustainable charity REAP" (article in Positive News)?

Please take the time to visit my website to find out more about how to reduce millions of plastic containers going to landfill sites. As for the bottle green house idea I knew it would work as I designed mine years ago as refered to as a shelter in my list of ideas, which I could claim copyrights for, but my main aim is to help save lives, not to make money, even though it cost me money out of my pention to try and do so, if you can help to spread the word it would be great. I have contacted REAP in the past but if you look down my list of no helpers you will find them, like all the other people who could help me, but choose to ignore my crys for help. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John.

john

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 11 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ALL I know it's a bit late to tell YOU, but I think I'm on SK3 TV again starting in the morning at 3.30am Secret Life in ? for a few weeks, or they are new ones, mine was called Secret Life in Suburbia a few years ago, ending with me saying to everyone, we can grow acorns from a acorn tree, instead of a Oak tree. oOps never mind, to me it like saying we can get conkers from a conker tree, instead of a horse chestnut, which sounds a bit wrong to me too. Ha Ha. John.

john

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 11 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ALL an update for those who are interested in my 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening ideas and saving lives if I can with help. I've just offered my water recycling idea to R.A.P.I.D UK to maybe help feed Japan's poor people now and in the future, why because so much land has been contaminated by the Tsunami yesterday the 11-3-2011, there responce was they have passed my details onto the operational team who will contact me should they need my expertise. And I've also contacted the BBC news team too. This as all just so hapened after our Youngest grandson came home safely after he had finished playing his part in a film called impossible with the actor Mr Ewan McGregor who's the ambassador for UNISEF, and the film it self just so happens to be all about the Tsunami that hit Thailand, just like Japan yesterday. and they to said to me the same thing, that my e-mail has been forwarded on to their high profile support team reference Sue Hill at UNISEF sent to me on the 30-2-2010.
Some more news I've just sent a e-mail to our Greenwich Cllr Jackie Smith asking her if she could help spread the word about my 3Rs of waste ideas, as she's our cabinet member for children and young people, after seeing in our G.T. a report dated the 8-3-2011 all about THE NEW 3Rs 'GREEN' SCHOOL which is now open at Woolwich SE18. Plus I just so happen to speak to two young lady's yesterday who are also trying to promote RECYCLING in schools too named SWAC, in Bexley as part of their Environment & Regeneration Service, Waste & Recycling team. I'm still waiting for a helpful reply from the Princes-Trust sent on the 3-3-2011 as they now know about my idea too.
If YOU or anyone else can help me in anyway to spread the word to anyone so that maybe one day my idea will become part of the Governments WORLD AID programme would be great, if not please can use give my ideas a try to help reduce some of our waste going to landfill sites in the UK and the rest of the world, as it cost next to nothing to make and can help to feed you too using it, I'm now in the process of replacing some of my container section with some trellis shown on my page project (2)-(3) 2011, because they were destroyed by fire from next doors wheelie bin being set alight by some trouble makers. This system I'm going to add some more photos of, for you all to look at, because I've designed a new way for lots of dissabled people to grow thing on young or old in the future, which I want to share with the rest of the world too. Thank YOU for showing your support done by reading all my message to help other people. I hope you and yours are all well, all the very best JOHN. JRP.
www.recycling.moonfruit.com linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com supported by www.aliteroflight.org

john

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 11 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25-4-2011. Feeding the WORLDS POOR for next to nothing using the 3Rs?
HI ALL, I hope you and yours are all well, with this in mind for over ten years now I've been trying to tell the world about my very simple to make water recycling system, starting from the 25-4-2000, which is simply made from waste plastic containers to grow things in, and also designed to help feed people in a drought or flood situation. With this in mind I claim there's no other system in the world that can match my idea, that costs next to nothing to make, and I can prove that my idea works too, as I've recorded every stage in many ways, one being using my website, done so that people I hope can follow every step I've taken to prove using a plastic container as a water reservoir, and having the container cap to undo or do up to control the water inside, you can grow most things.
The shame part is with over 215,000 people who have already visited my website www.recylcing.moonfruit.com to look at it for FREE, just like a for ever open book to help promote my 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening, which is even on YouTube, even up to now no one as taken up my offer seriously to help make my idea become part of Governments WORLD AID programme. So please help me if you can to spread the word that's all I'm asking YOU to do. MONDAY the 25-4-2011 is a very special day for me to, and for someone else with the words (J) son of (G) as I'm also (J) so of (G) as shown on my birth certificate. And we are still trying to show the way to live a better life.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John.JRP, who says, time is running out for me too.
But it's nice to know I'm going to be on SK1 TV again starting from Thursday 5th May at 4.30am Secret Life in Suburbia (Gardening), which is also nice to think just like Prince William and Kate the future is looking good.

john

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 11 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ALL, what you won't see at the Chelsea Flower Show , why, because it's to basic and cost next to nothing to make, even though it's to do with growing things and recycling water, and the 3Rs of waste done in the simplest ways by design. If you want to know more please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com for FREE info on how to use my 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening ideas for all ages, supported by SWAC in Bexley.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, John. JRP (recycling)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive