Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Squirrel Control
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Author 
 Message
tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 43953
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 06 7:29 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

Pete

I'm very gun averse, I've known a few shooting types who I'd say are more rambo than sustainable hunter, it'd take a lot for me to let someone with guns onto my land. This appears to be a pretty instant and non messy way of dealing with the squirrels, one day I'll find a ferret man round here.

Not saying it'd never happen but they'd have to be someone I knew really well or come on the recommendation of someone I knew.

Jonnyboy



Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23924
Location: under some rain.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 06 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Ever though about buying an air rifle?

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 43953
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 06 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Jonnyboy wrote:
Ever though about buying an air rifle?


Yeah, haven't got enough time to learn to shoot straight at the mo. If I ever get the time I'd like to learn to shoot.

Jonnyboy



Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23924
Location: under some rain.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 06 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

tahir wrote:
Jonnyboy wrote:
Ever though about buying an air rifle?


Yeah, haven't got enough time to learn to shoot straight at the mo. If I ever get the time I'd like to learn to shoot.


Air rifle shooting is easier than you think, as long as the sights are zeroed in properly. The trick is to get close enough and the buggers keep still enough for a shot.

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 43953
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 06 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Well once I get some time I'll ask for advice.

whitelegg1



Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 409
Location: Woodford Green
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 06 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

tahir wrote:
Pete

I'm very gun averse, I've known a few shooting types who I'd say are more rambo than sustainable hunter, it'd take a lot for me to let someone with guns onto my land. This appears to be a pretty instant and non messy way of dealing with the squirrels, one day I'll find a ferret man round here.

Not saying it'd never happen but they'd have to be someone I knew really well or come on the recommendation of someone I knew.


Fair enough.

Who do you know.

Seriously though, I appreciate your concerns, and it's your land, so you are ultimately responsible for what goes on on it.

If you want some help, you know where to find me.

(You could always come to Pricey's next Bunny bash and meet me and some like minded Downsizers)

Pete

tahir



Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 43953
Location: Essex
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 06 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

whitelegg1 wrote:
You could always come to Pricey's next Bunny bash and meet me and some like minded Downsizers


If I had the time I'd love to, but too much on already.

dpack



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 33025
Location: yes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 06 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

when i get time i'll do a drawing of snares for greys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com

<-- -->