Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Traders - what about Christmas ideas?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I hate this kind of thing too, 2Steps.

I've got earrings and earring kits in my tiarakits shop, and tiara kits if you have any friends or family getting married!

Must get the other jewellery up in the shop...

Stacey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just putting the finishing touches to some felted soap kits. These are ideal either to make the felted soap to give as a christmas present or give the kit itself. Suitable for most ages (probably not under 4's but 4 yrs and up could probably do it with adult supervision) They'll retail at £5 + P&P but I'll give 10% off to downsizers

Not on the site yet but preview of how they look so far on the blog

wellington womble

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgewitch wrote:
wellington womble wrote:
Could do with some candle holders - what've you got in mind, Blacksmith? Can't think where I might get nice candles from, though.........

Thought you'd be after book cases

No room for any more......

I have been very good recently, and haven't bought any (I have to resist the pre-Christmas releases, as a number of people will buy them for me for Christmas. It makes their lives easier, but its soooo hard! And I had to take down all my books and send them to storage, for the house viewings, and there is no point moving them all back, and then out to the new house, so they are still there. The new house, however, has a library. Although its not dreadfully cosy at the moment, hacing no doors and windows yet......)

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's my neice sorted for Christmas - she's 9, but very good at making things, she'd be old enough don't you think?

Stacey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Well that's my neice sorted for Christmas - she's 9, but very good at making things, she'd be old enough don't you think?

Do you mean me Penny? If so, a 9 yr old would definitley enjoy making felted soap - particularly one who's already good at making things. I'll have more details on the site tomorrow re payment etc .

What's the best way of organising the downsizer discount do you think? I use paypal normally.

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey wrote:
Penny wrote:

Do you mean me Penny? If so, a 9 yr old would definitley enjoy making felted soap - particularly one who's already good at making things. I'll have more details on the site tomorrow re payment etc .

What's the best way of organising the downsizer discount do you think? I use paypal normally.

Yes I did - sorry was so excited to find something so perfect for her

One way you can do it, is send them a payment request for the amount you want. Northern Lad used it for the candles I bought from him, and it works really well.

Will there be different shades/colours to choose from, as I may want two kits...

gil
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wish the winery were already up and running.

However, by next year's festive season, I will be offering a selection of nicely mature wines made from Dumfries and Galloway fruit, leaves and sap, including :

Nettle (home -produced, not yet registered organic, but no artificial fertilisers / pesticides etc used for more than 4 years)
Nettle (sparkling) - maybe - would folk be interested, or would you want to try the ordinary version first ?
Rhubarb (from SA-registered organic estate)
Rowan (wild-harvested and home-grown)
Damson (home-grown)
Sloe (home-grown and wild-harvested)
Bog Myrtle (wild-harvested from quasi-National Park)
Crab apple (from SA-registered organic estate)
Whitebeam (from SA-registered organic estate)
Birch sap (from SA-registered organic estate and home-grown)
AND (forgot)
Quince (from SA-registered organic estate)
Blackberry (wild-harvested)

Last edited by gil on Thu Nov 16, 06 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bernie66

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive list gil

Stacey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Will there be different shades/colours to choose from, as I may want two kits...

Yes, there will be different shades of wool and a selection of fragrances on the soap

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything for 20 year old yuffs? I was thinking stocking filler size as he is still a big kid and feels left out. It is quite easy to pack his sisters stockings with stuff.

Yes Gils stuff next year

gil
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Ruby

Has the "yuff" got a decent penknife ? Thinking about Naomi's comments re JPBearclaw's whittling knives, available from his site. Stocking filler-sized. but a serious present if he's into that kind of thing.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:

One way you can do it, is send them a payment request for the amount you want. Northern Lad used it for the candles I bought from him, and it works really well.

Apart from you not paying him for weeks....

alisjs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey....'scuse my ignorange, but what is felted soap? Looked at your blog but I'm none the wiser!

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he did have - it was a present I gave him one year - and he was delighted with it. He was always a kid that liked little gadgets that did lots of things. (Now I know where is interest in microbiology comes from )

alisjs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 06 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about felted soap now....just looked on your website Stacey! Cool!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive