Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
The Mooncup
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 05 2:40 pm    Post subject: The Mooncup Reply with quote

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I'm treating my question as a discussion of Nettie's article, 'Mooncup Memoirs'.

Has anyone else here, (or their partners!), tried the mooncup? What did you/they think of it?

tahir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 05 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my wife one, she tried it for the first time last month, she's not certain whether she'll persevere.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my current supply of lilets runs out, I'm going to get one of these (I bought a load from a wholesaler, so its taking a while!) my cousin is also going to give them a go, and promises to report back to me, if she tries first.

I beleive Alison uses one, and finds it quite comfortable and convinient. I just can't wait to see himselfs face when he finds it in the dishwasher!

tahir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
I just can't wait to see himselfs face when he finds it in the dishwasher!

She'd better not put hers in there

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - badly put - you wash it first, and then put it in the diswasher to sterilise it. It's not likely to be any worse than something thats been in your mouth, now is it!

Gertie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Nettie's article was very well written and informative - it's good to know that there are such products, I didn't know they existed until I saw Nettie's article.

As I have mentioned to Nettie previously - when you look at how much we spend on sanitary products over the years and the amount that goes into landfills, etc., it's shocking.

I am going to give the Mooncup a go - don't know how I'll get on with it but I'll certainly let you know.

judyofthewoods

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a DIY instruction sheet on this website for another alternative, washable sanetary towels
https://www.stewardwood.org/
There is no address for the specific page, so click on DIY in the nav bar and the link to the article is in the middle of the left list.

Home on the Hill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one and I think it's great. I wouldn't go back to tampons or disposable pads now.

Marigold123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback. I too recently stocked up on tampons that will take me a while to use up, so I will wait a bit before giving the mooncup a go.

Nettie's article was the first time I'd heard of it, and I have to say it's a completely new concept to me. If it works as well as they say it does, then it's a cracking idea. I'm still having a little trouble believing it won't leak, but there are lots of testimonials saying it doesn't, so who am I to argue. And apparently, if after 3 months I don't like it, I can get a refund.

I was looking at their website my 14 year-old daughter came in, and I said, "Hey, look at this; this is really interesting!" She gave the page a glance and said, "Oh yeah, I've read about that, it looks quite good."

Are kids better informed these days, or is it just me?!

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry it won't leak.

Marigold123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alison wrote:
Don't worry it won't leak.

nettie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might, a little. Mine does. But nothing that one tiny panty liner a day, for the first couple of days, can't handle.

Marigold123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 05 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 3 kids, so I guess if I get one, mine might too!

alison
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 05 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had three children!

judith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 05 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another happy user here! I've been using a "keeper" for about 6 years now and wouldn't go back to tampons if you paid me.
I would say that you need to be well-motivated to use one - it took me 2 or 3 months to get the hang of it - once I managed to create a bit of a vacuum that I thought was going to pull my insides out!!! I also find that I do need some back-up for the first couple of nights, but then I always did with tampons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive