links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Bread Experiment was a Success
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 1:41 pm    Post subject: Bread Experiment was a Success Reply with quote

I bought some fantastic flour direct from the mill but when I attempted to use it in the breadmaker it was a complete disaster.

This morning I combined it half and half with ordinary bread flour and it's beautiful.

I just wish I hadn't lost the second blade for my breadmaker or I could do them 2 at a time

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am sure hubs could make a blade for you.
Give the model number etc and we'll see if we can find the specification drawing..Jon will be able to make one from that.

Dx

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post up the details someone may also have a spare from a broken machine.

moggins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot are wonderful, do you know that?

It's a Morphy Richards Twin Loaf Rapide - the model number is 48270, it's not really a blade as such, more like a little paddle thingy.

It's just frustrating when I could be making 2 loaves at a time and the way we get through bread I could use it

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may also be worth e-mailing or calling their customer line. You can get replacemnt tins for bread makers and paddles. They should be able to either give you a price or let you know a local shop that can get the parts. You may even be able to get a padle for free, tins may cost almost as much as a new bread maker.

moggins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try going on their website this morning but they have discontinued my model (the other half did get it as discontinued stock from Cash Converters).

I've found their helpline number so I'm going to give them a ring on Monday on the off chance that they may have a few left. I've already replaced one and as soon as I replaced that one, the other disappeared. I think there's something in this house that doesn't approve of my breadmaker

moggins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm such an idiot, I realised I had put the serial number in on the website instead of the model number.

I've found them online at £2.85 each with free delivery so I've ordered 3!

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubs would have made you one for double that price!!!!

moggins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, it's only a hard plasticy thing

I've even found a replacement for the left hand lid which I melted slightly (don't ask) so I'll order one of those when my blades have arrived. Very strange that they don't do replacement right hand lids

Bugs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the replacements from, Moggins? We tried to find a replacement pan and paddle for our Panasonic and like TD says the prices weren't far off a new machine, which is surely some sort of joke

Is it direct from the manufacturer or from a spares site?

moggins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered them from the Morphy Richards website. I think a replacement pan was only a tenner. Perhaps I'd better stock up on a few spares whilst they still have them?

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 05 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with bread machines (which is pretty limited, as I only just got one for christmas!) is to ignore the manufacturers instructions and follow the recipe from the flour mill. Much better bread. I only check the bread recipes for rough dough quantites and things like baking times for rolls or buns.

culpepper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 05 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you were looking on spares2go then all the prices seem well over the top. Some of the manufacturers sites are cheaper than them.

Ebay has a new wantit section ,its free to list what you want and someone might have the bits you need

its here

andy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 2:04 pm    Post subject: bread makers Reply with quote

I must admit I've never been able to see the attraction in using breadmakers. Why not just use the oven, that's what I do - bakes anything, including nice huge round country loaves, and you don't have another bit of electrical equipment cluttering up the kitchen. In fact same goes for toasting and grilling machines. Aren't we just paying money for equipment that the manufacturers makes us think we need?

Anyway, happy baking.

Andy

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 05 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: bread makers Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I must admit I've never been able to see the attraction in using breadmakers.

Me neither but I must admit she's quite handy round the house and keeps the bed warm too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive