Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
LADIES, do you use a Mooncup?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Do you use a mooncup?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 38 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 83

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 07 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mine - wouldn't use anything else now. And I don't find it any more messy than tampons.

Beth

Fee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 07 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me neither, I love it.

I lost mine last month (well, last cycle ), and I was gutted to have to use tampons again! I was really really gutted. Of course, as soon as I ordered another from tittch (who I highly recommend to buy from, of course), and it arrived, I found my old one!

So, now I've got two

frewen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 07 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't need one at the mo as I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding since Xmas day '94

Apart from in hospital when I used a packet of towels. I have used some surplus booster pads which seem to work just fine.

I am going to need to think about it soon I suppose.

Samantha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutley - been two years now and wouldn't dream of using anything else. Also use washable pads depending on what mood I'm in or what I'm doing during the day.

Went on a Study day (something mainstream) recently and discovered that out of 9 women 5 were mooncup users and by the time we met again 6 weeks later another 3 had joined us.

I have chronic adhesions and used to suffer agonising pain requiring hospital and morphine to control. Since using my mooncup I haven't had single episode!!!!!!!

Fee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tittch's website, where anyone who hasn't tried a Mooncup, can buy one: https://www.freedomfromtampons.co.uk

Tittch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:Waves:

www.freedomfromtampons.co.uk aka www.fannyfunnels.co.uk

Fee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tittch wrote:
www.fannyfunnels.co.uk

joanne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use anything because I don't have periods due to having a Mirena coil which stopped them completely.

I do have a question about them though - My daughter is coming up to the age when we are going to have to start thinking about menstrual protection - how soon after starting her periods could she start using a Mooncup? - Obviously she's only 11 at the moment and it could be upto another 5 years before the issue comes up but I'd like to be in possession of all the facts before the matter arises and then can advise her accordingly

Tittch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jocorless wrote:
I don't use anything because I don't have periods due to having a Mirena coil which stopped them completely.

I do have a question about them though - My daughter is coming up to the age when we are going to have to start thinking about menstrual protection - how soon after starting her periods could she start using a Mooncup? - Obviously she's only 11 at the moment and it could be upto another 5 years before the issue comes up but I'd like to be in possession of all the facts before the matter arises and then can advise her accordingly

Although Mooncup say immediately, I say not until she's comfortable with the idea of putting things inside herself. I say wait until she can at least put two fingers inside herself without discomfort. I have 15 and 16 year old customers who aren't quite ready yet, but who are 'working on it'. She needs to be able to fit the equivilent of a 'knob-end' up there.....

Róisín

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've voted no as I'm not comfortable with tampons in any way shape or form, so I doubt I could manage a mooncup I am working on the reusable pads system though

Tittch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Róisín wrote:
I've voted no as I'm not comfortable with tampons in any way shape or form, so I doubt I could manage a mooncup I am working on the reusable pads system though

Why is that, if you don't mind me asking? You could always PM me if you would rather?

MarkS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask what might be a silly question ?

How does a mooncup differ from a cap ?

Tittch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkS wrote:
Can I ask what might be a silly question ?

How does a mooncup differ from a cap ?

Not a silly question at all! A cap is a device used to stop sperm getting into the uterus and therefore it's worn up over the uterus and has nil capacity. A Mooncup has a large capacity and is worn low in the vaginal passage to catch menstrual blood.

Róisín

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tittch wrote:
Róisín wrote:

Why is that, if you don't mind me asking? You could always PM me if you would rather?

Oh I don't mind! It's not an ethical thing really (although I do agree with you that tampons are wasteful etc) - it's a comfort thing... I'm with whoever posted above about not wanting things shoved up inside me all day long (my GOD that sounded dodgy). I wore a tampon once or twice before and it was just horrible - maybe they are more comfortable if you have a heavy flow? It felt just dry and uncomfortable to me anyway.

Is the idea with a mooncup that you put it in like a tampon and then when it is full (how do you know when that is?) you take it out and empty it and rinse it out? And is it long and narrow like a tampon?

chez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 07 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tittch wrote:
Not a silly question at all! A cap is a device used to stop sperm getting into the uterus and therefore it's worn up over the uterus and has nil capacity. A Mooncup has a large capacity and is worn low in the vaginal passage to catch menstrual blood.

This is one of the reasons that I am a bit wigged about trying one - I used to use a cap and it felt really ODD to be constricting the flow when I left it in overnight (as per the instructions) whilst I was on. I am watching this thread with interest as I do like the principle of the mooncup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive