Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
First aid
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not funny - he's fine, though!

On an even less funny note, I burnt myself on a rasin taking a hot cross bun out of the toaster this morning. Himself has been chuckling all day over my currant burn!

And before anyone says in, yes it was hot and I was cross!

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judyofthewoods

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 05 6:59 pm    Post subject: first aid Reply with quote

we have a bit of an animal first aid box which includes flexible bandage that sticks to itself (the blue stuff you can use for horses) and some duck tape which you also use for horses....there's germoline and some poultices, a set of t-shirts to put on merlin the greyhound because he is always hurting himself somehow, a buster collar which merlin wears frequently and the most important thinkg of all which is that new skin stuff.

when we had our great dane, she cut the end of her tail which of course she wagged and the centrifugal force meant the house looked like a scene from ta chainsaw massacre. we tried everything - we bandaged it, we bandaged it again and then put a finger stool over it, we bandaged it again and put a rubber glove finger over it well 10 of them actually but kept finding pink things in the garden full of something rather unsavoury. we cut the neck end off an orange squash bottle and taped that over the tail to protect it but of course when she wagged, she either wagged it off or it made a huge ka-chunga noise when it banged against something. we even got a giant size buster collar which we put on her to keep her off it which frankly traumatised her so much that she sat in the middle of the living room and thought she was a standard lamp.

in complete and utter desperation (believe me !) i stuck the end of her tail in a bottle of new skin. glory be !! she didn't like the taste so didn't lick it and it was sealed up so she couldnm't breakl it open.

wish i had thought of it 3 weeks earlier.

have successfully used it since on the cat that kept licking herself although we had to pull her off the ceiling as it stings a bit . a friend of ours has also used it on a cut on her horses nose that the flies kept getting to so i advise this in your first aid kit

sorry went on a bit there...............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive