Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Green Leap Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 08 2:35 pm    Post subject: Green Leap Day Reply with quote

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article3353300.ece National Trust and other companies are to give their staff the day off and encourage them to do something green that day.

What do you think? Shall we challenge ourselves for a Downsizer Green Leap Day?

goldy1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 08 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the bit about Google at the bottom?

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 08 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldy1 wrote:
Have you read the bit about Google at the bottom?

I did, I think they're just examples of good employers rather than green credentials. When you think about it all employers are getting an extra day out of everyone - there isn't any extra in the pay packet on a leap year.

alisjs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 08 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'll be at work......anyone been given a leap day off?

LynneA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 08 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard has already booked the day off, but as he's been working on urgent projects from home in the evenings, he's worked enough hours to get the day without eating into his holiday.

We're going to be dismantling the shed at the old allotment, lifting the last of the fruit trees (and raspberry canes) and shifting it over to the new place.

In the evening I'm hoping to have time to make blueberry bakestone cakes. (Posh Welsh Cakes really).

MrsWW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 08 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be working and I do actually get paid for the extra day as I get paid by the hour as my salary is based on a gross annual salary but paid at an hourly rate Ergo, I work more hours, I earn more

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 08 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at work. But I might make a spring resolution - to get out and do a single thing in the garden every day, once there is enough light. At the moment, it's still too dark to get out after the commute and the dog walk, but it won't be very long (with any luck it will nicely coincide with after W day!)

I must plant a tree though, so I'll see if I can't take half an hour in leiu one day this week and plant that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive