Author 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Slim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Don't be afraid to jump in and instigate some more forum activity

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, what sort of tai chi? mine is very martial, multi disciplinary and from the yang family tradition
it links well to other forms and styles, for example yang strait sword form and edo katana form have an interesting meeting place

i am not qualified to teach, i am still alive i have taught appropriate parts of my style to quite a few to keep them safe

my sifu was a man called ray wilkie

a few of the downsizers have seen my spear form

as well as the obvious stuff perhaps the most life enhancing/preserving teaching i got was iron shirt chi gung, 100 days of training and a lifetime of maximized resiliance
iron palm, i did myself with a little advice from ray

as an oldish rather "worn out" and small chap, baqua is a practical base form, applications are applications however you get there something will be available and suitable

sorry to be a bit dark, i like to know if folk are referring to a stretchy and healthy exercise regime or that plus a load of internal and cultural stuff and a load of applications and combat that ranges from fairly safe and ritualistic to combat in the random real world.

a while back i accidentally challenged a very fluffy physiotherapist to a live blade sword duel, oops i did apologise

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the stuff you do and the stuff we do has loads of meeting points, a potter in the archives will give an idea of how the village has developed

new folk are always welcome, we were all new here once

the recipe data bases are the village cookbook, awesome knowledge

growing stuff and assorted critters are still developing nicely as well

as folk have moved on, died etc over the last nearly 2 decades it is nice to still have their wit and wisdom on a broad range of topics

as a "good life" handbook DS is useful,

we have mischievous fun as well maybe i should create a mafia world for the winterval
nice village, there are quite a few who are nearby rather than often in the pub or on the green, sometimes we do real world meets, trade and gift can be good, a place i trust advice from as we try to get things right factually as well as ethically

thinking of ethical, we were forced to be scathing and informative of the guilty by their own behaviour, 15 yrs ago getting "greener" was more plausible than resisting "destruction"

the "ice age" thread has some ace references that we have collated, it is not very cheering, but it is truth as best we know

Shane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slim wrote:
Welcome. Don't be afraid to jump in and instigate some more forum activity

seconded, new people, ideas, topics and questions are always welcomed
it is how we got where we are with a virtual village

i got here looking for trout recipes, years of eating a few a week grilled got boring, even if many would think wild brown trout a treat
i was lucky and had access to enough as a sustainable staple food, then a dodgy chemicals firm moidered the local river there which has not recovered
i do not even bother getting a rod licence any more, there are no easily accessible rivers with anything fit to eat in them

the hunting and gathering threads are informative if a little dusty, cep season if it rains

gz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 22 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Glad I succeeded
Now persuading brother to use his login and join in!!

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 22 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here.

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 22 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard

sgt.colon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 22 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Simon and welcome.

NorthernMonkeyGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 22 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Good to see new faces as well as old, so to speak

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 22 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again, regarding what i said about tai chi chuan, i just found another crossover application in a strange place

i was watching a frankie boyle documenting a "tour" and visiting stuff that matters to him

he went to see his jit quan do sifu, sensible and competant, " he makes being glaswegian into a martial art" was how he described him
he mentioned it did help him cope with haters

the low kick feint, step in and mantis spear hand makes my low and high cuffs crack in the wind

tidy, simple, devastating if done well

pan lan chui is similar but a little more complex, it confuses the skilled but in simple circumstances simple saves time for the next one

nudge what family?

no family and no martial aspects is fine by me, i am just curious and always seeking knowledge wherever it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85
Page 85 of 85
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive