Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Locking threads that aren't abusive
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toggle wrote:
almost everywhere I've been has had splits. more open moderaton cuts them down

we cannot determine consistency of moderation or anything else without clarity

So you need a constructive dialogue with the moderators and to get the reasoned input from others here.

With respect, you're going about that the wrong way.

May I suggest that you leave it a day or two, cool off, and then PM the mods to suggest the terms of such a dialogue that could occur on the forums here. I'm pretty sure they're fed up too, and I would hope that they'd welcome this. They don't want recurrences of this kind of thing any more than you do.

Mods? How about it? From where I'm sitting it looks like either that or you're facing sniping for the next however long.

toggle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t take orders from you ether

cab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toggle wrote:
Don’t take orders from you ether

It wasn't phrased as an order, nor was it meant as an order. And it isn't obvious to me how it could be interpreted as such.

I'm trying to help you here. I agree that the response to recent events and to the ban of Silas, and indeed some other things that have happened here, do show that there is a problem. I don't know what the solution should be, but I'm certain that the way you're going at it now isn't going to find that solution.

You can either take helpful suggestions like this seriously and try to find a workable outcome, or you can continue as you are doing which will achieve nothing. Or you can let it all die down and presumably the same problems will come back.

The ball is in your court; what do you choose?

toggle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless you have become prescient, you are trying to state your opinion as fact.

I don't aggree with your opinions so I won't be responding to 'advice' that is presented in such a manner.

cab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toggle wrote:
unless you have become prescient, you are trying to state your opinion as fact.

I don't aggree with your opinions so I won't be responding to 'advice' that is presented in such a manner.

I'm willing to stick my neck out and state that the way you're approaching this is counter productive. Your view may differ, but I'll hazard a guess that if it does, it'll be a very, very small minority view. I doubt whether anyone will agree that the way you're going about this is in any way helpful to your cause. But a minority of one can still be correct.

Nothing else in my suggestion seems in the least bit contentious.

You don't have to follow my advice of course, but there it is. But, really, whats your alternative? Are you just going to keep posting like this? Do you really think that'll achieve much? Your posts here in this discussion are getting ever more snipey. Is that going to help?

Your options have not changed. Whats it to be?

toggle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be following your 'advice'; the messages I've been recieving suggest that my actions are FAR from unsupported. Nice try at trying to present me as an isolated ranter though. Always appreciate your unsupported judgements presented as facts.

It seems my choices are to do as you say, or have you continue to snipe at me. I would choose neither option. To put it simply:

Your fallacious attempt to present me with a binary choice of seeming like a lone nutter or doing what you say has failed.

Since unsolicited advice seems to be the order of the day, I will suggest that you cease your sniping at me. And it is you who are sniping here, despite your accusations. If you don't like what I'm posting, you don't have to read it and you certainly don't have to continue this kind of snide attack on me as replies.

Gervase

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I agree completely with cab

(and if that appears as his new sig I shall go nuculer!)

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 11 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on that startling note. Locked on the grounds that the discussion has run its course.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive