Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Why Shooting Etiquette Matters
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 
 Message
GENT



Joined: 03 Jun 2008
Posts: 387
Location: Student diggs- coventry.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 08 9:00 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

vegplot wrote:
Experience discriminates against the young but idiocy makes no such distinction.

true.

vegplot



Joined: 19 Apr 2007
Posts: 21297
Location: Ynys Môn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 08 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

The chap, with the poor gun safety attitude, was discovered carrying his naked rifle from the car park to the club house last night. He didn't or doesn't have a gun slip.

Brownbear



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 14929
Location: South West
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 08 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

vegplot wrote:
The chap, with the poor gun safety attitude, was discovered carrying his naked rifle from the car park to the club house last night. He didn't or doesn't have a gun slip.


He's a headline waitng to be written, IMO. Tell him to get a set of lawn darts and work up from that.

vegplot



Joined: 19 Apr 2007
Posts: 21297
Location: Ynys Môn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 08 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Brownbear wrote:
He's a headline waitng to be written, IMO. Tell him to get a set of lawn darts and work up from that.


The idea is that if he can be educated then another's future maybe a little more comfortable and longer lived. If we chuck him out now it may do more harm than good. Our risk is we suffer an incident at the club.

Brownbear



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 14929
Location: South West
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 08 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

vegplot wrote:
Brownbear wrote:
He's a headline waitng to be written, IMO. Tell him to get a set of lawn darts and work up from that.


The idea is that if he can be educated then another's future maybe a little more comfortable and longer lived. If we chuck him out now it may do more harm than good. Our risk is we suffer an incident at the club.


A private conversation with the Secretary seems in order, then.

PuBS



Joined: 02 Aug 2008
Posts: 8
Location: National
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 08 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Twice I have had pellets zipping past me when beating but never hit fortunately.
On one occasion the keeper saw and sent the gun home, on the other a word to the shoot owner and same result.
One gun huffed and puffed- "I have paid for this day you know blah blah" Keeper replied-" Guns I can get any time- beaters I cant -GO" except he didnt actually say GO.
Nick

dpack



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 33082
Location: yes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 08 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Brownbear wrote:
vegplot wrote:
Brownbear wrote:
He's a headline waitng to be written, IMO. Tell him to get a set of lawn darts and work up from that.


The idea is that if he can be educated then another's future maybe a little more comfortable and longer lived. If we chuck him out now it may do more harm than good. Our risk is we suffer an incident at the club.


A private conversation with the Secretary seems in order, then.

polite and firm ,maybe with some good photos of gunshot wounds ,then give em another chance to learn ,maybe

Erikht



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 3358

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 08 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I was once told off on the shooting range for holding my rifle "the wrong way." In my defence, I gad previously removed the bolt from the gun, so I felt reasonably safe, but I guess the other guy didn't see that.

dpack



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Posts: 33082
Location: yes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 08 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

still relevant and as the game season is with us more so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright © 2004 marsjupiter.com

<-- -->