Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Adjusting my air rifle scope
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 08 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing much more than 12ftlbs.........If this IS a spring powered rifle, then it is possible that it has KILLED your scope.

Most scopes for air rifle are only rated to sub 12 ft lbs.
The recoil from a spring powered rifle can be more destructive than most centrefire rifles!!!

This is because it has a two way recoil.
Backwards when the piston is moving forwards (thanks to Mr Newton!) and the suddenly forwards when the piston hits the end of the compression chamber.....and then probably backwards again when the piston stops rebounding backwards!!!!!! All in all this can amount to a very destructive force on something a delicate as a scope!!!

If it is not spring powered...then ignore this!!

Sceondly, I thought France had much stricter laws on shooting birds with air rifles...... ie NO WAY!!! But I could be wrong

Pete

boisdevie1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 08 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitelegg1 wrote:

Sceondly, I thought France had much stricter laws on shooting birds with air rifles...... ie NO WAY!!! But I could be wrong

Pete

it's in a friends barn. And there's no way you can go around shooting there using a 12 bore. And nobody will ever know.

whitelegg1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 08 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boisdevie1 wrote:
whitelegg1 wrote:

Pete

it's in a friends barn. And there's no way you can go around shooting there using a 12 bore. And nobody will ever know.

Apart from anyone who reads this!!!!
Agreed it is the right tool for the job......although check that 5mm holes in the walls of the barn won't be a problem!!!
Also surely a slightly less powerfull air rifle would be better (not often you say that) an FAC rifle is a bit overkill for indoor shooting, unless it is a very big barn!!!

Pete

boisdevie1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 08 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're in the roof of the barn and it's a big barn. And I agree that my rifle is a bit over the top for the job. But it's the only one I have.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 08 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bait them down with corn maybe ?
allow for the different ballistic curve if shooting up rather than flat

Old-Chads-Orchard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 08 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawke scoes are fine on air rifles, had 4 on various spring/PCP rifle and had no problems.

take a look here https://www.airarmsownersclub.com/index.php

KILLITnGRILLIT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 08 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownbear wrote:
Anything by Hawke or AGS should be thrown away.

Sweeping statement, I have a Hawke Titanium on my .222 and it is a good as gold, never had a shift in zero and no shift in zero with the mag neither. Good clear glass and it accounts for food and vermin day and night.

Don`t think a Leup on a B2 would be the way to go either

matt mavin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 08 7:04 pm    Post subject: scopee Reply with quote

I use to have probloems with my scope but i found the best way to fix it was patience, it took me about a month to get my scope dead on now its perfect every shot 6 months later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive