Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Ugly Fabric Challenge - The Grand Unveiling (Please vote)
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 09 11:21 pm    Post subject: Ugly Fabric Challenge - The Grand Unveiling (Please vote) Reply with quote

Drum roll
It's the moment you have all been waiting for - here are the challenge entries, with comments from their creators where such were provided. I've limited the number of pictures to three per entry to save my sanity!

I am pretty sure that I have added all the entries, but if I have forgotten anyone, please let me know ASAP and I'll remedy the situation straight away.

Entry no. 1)
The Plan B dress:

No. 2)
A Downsizer bag:
Quote:
I've mixed in some other fabric and it is lined with some cream cotton from another failed sewing project.

No. 3)
Bunting:
Quote:
I'm not really a bunting sort of person, but after much faffing about, that's what my FQ turned into...

No. 4)
Knitting project wallet:
Quote:
Must remember - Next time do the iron on velcro before attaching the meltable plastic wallet for holding patterns!!!!

No. 5)
Embroidered wheat bag cover:
Quote:
i decided to de-ugly the fabric rather than making something spectacularly designed with it.

Quote:
it's a padded cover for a wheatbag, small one, made from half the fabric, the other half of the fabric will become the wheatbag.

Last edited by judith on Mon May 04, 09 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

judith

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 09 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 6)
Maddy the wardrobe mouse:

Quote:
This is Maddy - she's a bit embarrassed by her 1980's kitchy style, but she's also hopeful that she'll become fashionable once again...

Quote:
Here's her ugly behind - which she tries to hide by hanging around in dark wardrobes until her time comes around again (she's designed to suspend from a coathanger and is part stuffed with Colibri antimoth powder).

Quote:
The other fabric was snipped from the sleeves of one of the childerlings old tops, the eyes and nose I had in my workbox from a failed knitting project, and the cord I cut from some wrapping at Christmas time. So Maddy is all recycled

No. 7)
Peg bag:
Quote:
Here's my very basic peg bag, I put a hanger on the top so that I can wash/dry it out easily when it goes all funky inside (as it inevitably will). Really wish I hadn't used a Tesco bag for the inside now, Sainsbury's bag would have matched much better At least it's unique.
The other half is going to make two lavender sachets for our pillowcases, but they're not finished

No. 8
Mini bedspread
Quote:
It is a small bedspread for one of our grand daughters. I have highlighted some of the flowers by embroidering over them, which hopefully can be seen in the close up.

No. 9)
Ears bag:

Quote:
Here's my 'Ugly Bag' ...when is a bag not just an ordinary bag?
When it's an 'Ears' bag!

No. 10)
Roll for crochet hooks

Quote:
Here's mine, went for very simple in the end, just a little roll for crochet hooks which til this point lived strewn all over the house. It did use every scrap of it, no wastage at all, and the ribbon was leftover from something else.

judith

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 09 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 11)
Needle holder + lavender sachet

Quote:
Voila, my attempts to do justice to the nice fabric. I have slightly cheated because although I intended to use what I had, I found a remnant of red sheeting in Allders and it looked much more chirpy than the peach curtaining I was going to use; the bit left over I had to turn in to the obligatory lavender bag, partly stuffed with the trimmings, so as little waste as possible

No. 12)
Crocheted crochet hook roll:

No. 13)
Cutlery holder:

No. 14)
Knitting project tidy

Quote:
The drawstring bag is my knitting project 'tidy'; for keeping unfinished items safe from a roving, grabby baby!

No. 15)
Lap tray

Quote:
It's a laptray, cork stuck on an old wine box lid, backed with said fabric and stuffed with wheat and dried lavender. Incredibly useful for sticking knitting patterns to, needles and pins in, holding the scissors, and tacking lists onto.

judith

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 09 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, that all seemed to work.

And now for the all-important voting.

Could you, the voting public, let me know your favourite three by PM (please quote the entry number). I shall leave the polls open for a couple of days. That will give me long enough to get my head around exactly how this voting system is going to work

Let the masses decide!

Went

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done folks...they all look great.

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! what an incredibly talented bunch. How on earth do you select a favourite

marigold

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see everybody else's creations - what a clever lot we are .

Effie

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all goingto backfire isn't it? Everyone will look, decide they can't possibly decide which one or don't want to be discriminatory against the others and pick just one, thus failing to vote at all

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are all fab

Nick

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effie wrote:
This is all goingto backfire isn't it? Everyone will look, decide they can't possibly decide which one or don't want to be discriminatory against the others and pick just one, thus failing to vote at all

Nonsense! There's one clear winner. It'll be a walk over.

Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite amusing to read everyone's witty descriptions of their own work
A.

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm...am i the only one to think that the flowery fabric is....pretty

.....or maybe its the wonderful things you clever clever lot have made that make it so...

ooh ooh I can't choose........

Minamoo

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh all the things are so pretty! I love the idea of embroidering onto the flowers. And Storm looks so cute Effie!

judith

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep sending in those votes.

(And I'm off to Wikipedia for a quick reminder of how Single Transferable Vote works. I may need to bring in the Electoral Commission!)

judith

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 09 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lettucewoman wrote:
erm...am i the only one to think that the flowery fabric is....pretty

There is about 3 yards of it left......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive