Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Carp
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You evil man. I'll try the innard of most animals (except endangered species and seagulls) but draw the line at Guinea Pigs. They sooooo cute.

Rob R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting potentialnew marketing angle there- buy my meat or the guinea pig gets it...

Silas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behemoth wrote:
You evil man. I'll try the innard of most animals (except endangered species and seagulls) but draw the line at Guinea Pigs. They sooooo cute.

Staple diet in many south american countries I'm told.

Mrs R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily eat anything, no matter how cute. I've only dismissed guinea pig because they breed too slowly for such little meat. 70 day gestation, small litters and months of growing just for a few scraps - they're all belly with no big back legs like a rabbit or anything.

Shame, because I'm thinking a coat of rosetted guinea pig fur would be lovely too

I spose there's nothing stopping me breeding for size, litter size and faster maturing times though....

Silas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixy wrote:
I'll happily eat anything, no matter how cute. I've only dismissed guinea pig because they breed too slowly for such little meat. 70 day gestation, small litters and months of growing just for a few scraps - they're all belly with no big back legs like a rabbit or anything.

Shame, because I'm thinking a coat of rosetted guinea pig fur would be lovely too

I spose there's nothing stopping me breeding for size, litter size and faster maturing times though....

Coypu?

Mrs R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silas wrote:
Ixy wrote:

Coypu?

And the same to you! How rude. Thought there was a swearing ban on

Drewsephine

Location: noun 1 a particular place or position: the property is set in a convenient location an actual place
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixy wrote:

Try Capybara then

or

Theyre HUGE and just as cute as piggle

Gervase

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silas wrote:
Coypu?

Very tasty. When I lived in Suffolk I got to know an eccentric chap who used to shoot and smoke coypu. Very tasty it was too. Anglian Water have finally succeeded in eradicating them, however, so it's a taste that will have to stay in the memory.

Silas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Shipdham - Norfolk. Our school playing used to be overun with the b***********ggers.

Came in one morning and the caretaker had shot the head off one all over the football field - nice!

Mrs R

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 09 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gervase wrote:
Silas wrote:
Coypu?

Anglian Water have finally succeeded in eradicating them, however, so it's a taste that will have to stay in the memory.

Until I breed my super race of guinea pigs...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive