About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
dog washing
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 09 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the need to explain that our mucky pup, Jack, tends to seek out a mud bath when he is hot, and that pic was taken early September, on a rather warm day, and he took great pleasure in snapping at the water jet!!

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 09 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a good undreading with a carding comb style brush he is very sleek and fluffy ,he smells nice but he gets 3 times the attention from strangers which is a bit like shopping with an x factor "star"

lowri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 09 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for Jack Russells! You can always see when they have rolled in something frightful before they get too near! I have a dog lead attached permanently to the water butt, Pixie almost goes there automatically, a good going-over with the dairy brush and all's well.
With Tasha the brown terrier it's a different ball game - it simply doesn't show, you have to use your nose first!! I can't think of a polite word to describe the smell of fox poo!
(Delicious????)

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 09 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUrs once rolled in fox poo in a friends garden, and we had to spend two hours in the car with them on the way home. It's not a journey I am likely to forget in a hurry.

Ours have been showered today. It's raining.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another advantage of cleaning the dog is the oppertunity to check the vet stuff up close
my lad has developed a lump i dont think is a limpoma ,time for second opinion

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

booked for ten to five

mochyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that, dpack.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

Jo S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mochyn wrote:
Good luck with that, dpack.

Ditto

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my canine oncology was incorrect ,limpoma ,fairly harmless and he has the bonus of a flu jab and some wormpills

Last edited by dpack on Mon Nov 02, 09 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jo S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 09 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he's very grateful for the jab and the pills!

mochyn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 09 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news, dpack.

sueshells

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 09 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this dog here? To the left. Yes - the blonde one. Straight into a dried up pond last week - well I say dried up, the water was gone and there was green slime on the top she obviously mistook for grass and under that there was about 18" of thick, black, slimy mud. When a cream poodle meets black slime she turns green for some reason. Blacky-green plus a bit of extra slime green.. And we had the other three with us and two of them followed her in and we were 5 miles from home and had driven to the walk. And we had to put them in the car then get them home and into the bath and wash them one at a time. Dear me - I still shudder at the memory - and the smell - which still pervades the car.
The serious bit of this is that she nearly went under - I was so relieved to get her back in one piece. I would have had to go in after her and I had on my new walking boots.

GENT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 09 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Rex, our old collie (some of you know him...) we put the tin bath out in the yard and fill it with nice hot water (pleasant hot, not hot hot)-we think its good for his old bones...
we put him in and he stands there with a look of utter horror on his face for the first bit, then it gradually dawns on him that this is actually rather pleasant... he slowly lets his legs sink from underneath him, then he sits down, and then he lies down.

We have had it before where he was so relaxed we had to hold his head above the water- that is one happy puppy!
when he is in that state, it is the perfect opportunity as dpack says to do the full medical, and to trim his tail fluff.

Smudge on the other hand (Jack Russell) HATES anything of the sort; one person has to hold, the other quickly scrubs. I can’t hold her for more than about 40 seconds before she escapes and invariably finds the best bit of dry earth or other such substance that clings to wet dogs to roll in ferociously. (we rarely bother…)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive