Latest Articles
Baby downsizers
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 09 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihto wrote:
The.Grange wrote:
Congratulations WW.

16 years after the last one and now starting again, we are looking at all options to fulfill our new bundles needs

DS has a lot to answer for it seems a fertile forum lol!

How sweet! Seems being on Downsizer is infectious in more than one way!

When is the baby due?

May

BethinPA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 09 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How nice, Grange! Wow, 16 years apart, that's like being first timers again!

Okay, one of my necessary things:
Really large swaddling blankets (not those pathetically small "receiving" blankets), to do a true baby straitjacket. Two, so that you've got one if one's been spat up upon and is perched on the mountain of laundry.

We were totally unprepared (well, sort of) for baby #1, as she was early. (Three whole days early. But, we'd planned on doing all the "essential" baby shopping that weekend! ) As it turned out, we needed almost nothing. Car seat to get her home from the hospital, a few tiny outfits, some hats, diapers and some swaddling blankets.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 09 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have them early enough the hospital keeps them while you buy the stuff that you need.

T.G

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 09 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks BethinPA my eldest is 22... i started early and finishing late

i've knitted several booties, hats, mittens and halfway through a blanket... midst of making a cow jumped over the moon themed mobile... not essential but fun to do

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 09 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The.Grange wrote:
mihto wrote:

When is the baby due?

May

Me, too. And three other girls at work also fessed up this week (we are all due with a few days of each other. My boss, on the other hand, is having kittens!) It must be infectious or something!

Jo S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 09 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
And three other girls at work also fessed up this week (we are all due with a few days of each other. My boss, on the other hand, is having kittens!) It must be infectious or something!

Congratulations, one and all (and the rest)

mihto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 09 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
The.Grange wrote:
mihto wrote:

When is the baby due?

May

Me, too. And three other girls at work also fessed up this week (we are all due with a few days of each other. My boss, on the other hand, is having kittens!) It must be infectious or something!

Well, your boss does not have much of a choice Kittens are in! May he long enjoy them!

We have had a similar thing happening at my work. My boss has added to his grey hair by finding substitutes who need to be trained. Our parental leave is 10 month with 100 % wage or 12 month with 80 % wage.

Downsizer has some interesting months ahead

Mrs Baggins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 10 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baby #3 on the way here. I have sorted nothing. Bought nothing. re-arranged nothing. Not worried about it either. I will have breast milk and cuddles to give. Having bought into the whole hysteria with my first - I know now that those are the things you need most.

Have however bought a new car. 7 seater passion wagon. Needed that. But otherwise a few muslins... some onesies... a car seat... a buggy... Not sure what else you actually NEED.

woody guthrie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 10 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
If you have them early enough the hospital keeps them while you buy the stuff that you need.

Our number four arrived 7 weeks early and you are right as he was only just over 3lbs so it gave us some time to gather together lots of tiny stuff for him to wear as his three brothers were all all born as big fellas so we had nothing to hand down. I do remember the panic and sleepless nights with the first child and the feeling of being totally overwhelmed with this little person. When you have more babies it just gets easier and you become less manic about having the right pram or cot or sterilizer and you just get on with it.

gardening-girl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 10 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are onesies

T.G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 10 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Baggins wrote:
Baby #3 on the way here. Not sure what else you actually NEED.

Sleep .. however you can't buy that in beforehand

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 10 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory that babies are like camping - you don't actually *need* all that much, but the things you do need you either *really* need (like a waterproof tent or, say, milk of some description orbthey make the experience so much more pleasant by adding a touch of luxury or
making life a lot easier, like say a sheepskin (anyone who has tried outdoor living without one doesn't know what they are missing)

the first catergory I've pretty much figured out. The second is the difficult one. I do know you can still get out and about with a baby, but I think it would be nice not to have to. I like being all set up and knowing I can hermit in the house if I like, so getting essential stiff together was a priority for me.

Mrs Baggins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 10 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The.Grange wrote:
Mrs Baggins wrote:
Baby #3 on the way here. Not sure what else you actually NEED.

Sleep .. however you can't buy that in beforehand

And definitely not with two other sprogs you can't. lol. You kind of get used to operating in a permanent fug of zombieness.

Nappies. you do need nappies. Now I try very, very hard to be as green as I possibly can, but I am afraid that disposables are my big sin. I tried the whole cloth nappy thing - really I did... I tried so hard... but it really was too much for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive