Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Downsizer Bloggers
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Author 
 Message
Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 22780
Location: In the 17th century
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 10 11:29 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

End of May? I shall be there over the BH weekend - although precise timings not yet sorted. A cup of boiled compost in a cafe could be on the cards?
A.

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Downsizer Bloggers Reply with quote    

How's everyone doing with their blogs?

A chore or do you enjoy it?

Wordpress have just sent a useful stats summary for their blogs - did you get it?

Chez wrote:
Please ask to be added to the list at the top if you aren't already there and would like to be!

jules woodman - woodsprite
Mochyn Knits Blog - Mochyn
Woolly Shepherds Diaries - thewoollyshepherd
Waark!com A self sufficientish blog - fallscrape
the drunken prophet - The.Grange
Barefoot Sofware Blog - Barefoot Andrew
ducking for apples - Chez
gz and co - gz
A year in the life ... - GSHP
Bodrighy Wood - Bodrighy
Felting Needle - Frewen Feltmaker
La Ferm de Sourrou - Hardworking Hippy
Ian and Luis - Gawber and Greenfoot
The Donkey Paradise - Gawber and Greenfoot
Artesania La Pasera - Gawber and Greenfoot (in Spanish)
El Paraiso Del Burro - Gawber and Greenfoot (in Spanish)
Mellow Fruitfulness - Marigold
Random Musings and Life's Rich Tapestry - Nell
Coffee Slut - Jo S
Eco-Gites of Lenault in Calvados - Green Rosie
Colour It Green - Colour It Green
Wicked Woollens - Sally In Wales
Musings of a Stonehead - Stonehead
Habitat Aid - Gilbert Jessop
Dillington Diaries - Gardening Girl
Sharkfeather - Ren
The Self Sufficient Writer - SimonD
If Grandma Had Been a Blogger - Gawber
My Blue Shed - LynneA
Our New Life In Cynlas - Minum

mihto



Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Posts: 3273
Location: West coast of Norway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I'm wondering....

Blogs, writing and reading,

Facebook,

Twitter,

Downsizer and other forums....and whatever else fills your Internet days..

How do you find the time? I mean, between work, children, friends, spouses, gardens, cooking, housekeeping and other hobbies..

Just wondering

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

mihto wrote:
I'm wondering....

Blogs, writing and reading,

Facebook,

Twitter,

Downsizer and other forums....and whatever else fills your Internet days..

How do you find the time? I mean, between work, children, friends, spouses, gardens, cooking, housekeeping and other hobbies..

Just wondering


No Television....

mihto



Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Posts: 3273
Location: West coast of Norway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Gawber wrote:
mihto wrote:
I'm wondering....

Blogs, writing and reading,

Facebook,

Twitter,

Downsizer and other forums....and whatever else fills your Internet days..

How do you find the time? I mean, between work, children, friends, spouses, gardens, cooking, housekeeping and other hobbies..

Just wondering


No Television....


Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention TV

SandraR



Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 2346
Location: Devon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Downsizer Bloggers Reply with quote    

Gawber wrote:
How's everyone doing with their blogs?

A chore or do you enjoy it?

Wordpress have just sent a useful stats summary for their blogs - did you get it?

Chez wrote:
Please ask to be added to the list at the top if you aren't already there and would like to be!

jules woodman - woodsprite
Mochyn Knits Blog - Mochyn
Woolly Shepherds Diaries - thewoollyshepherd
Waark!com A self sufficientish blog - fallscrape
the drunken prophet - The.Grange
Barefoot Sofware Blog - Barefoot Andrew
ducking for apples - Chez
gz and co - gz
A year in the life ... - GSHP
Bodrighy Wood - Bodrighy
Felting Needle - Frewen Feltmaker
La Ferm de Sourrou - Hardworking Hippy
Ian and Luis - Gawber and Greenfoot
The Donkey Paradise - Gawber and Greenfoot
Artesania La Pasera - Gawber and Greenfoot (in Spanish)
El Paraiso Del Burro - Gawber and Greenfoot (in Spanish)
Mellow Fruitfulness - Marigold
Random Musings and Life's Rich Tapestry - Nell
Coffee Slut - Jo S
Eco-Gites of Lenault in Calvados - Green Rosie
Colour It Green - Colour It Green
Wicked Woollens - Sally In Wales
Musings of a Stonehead - Stonehead
Habitat Aid - Gilbert Jessop
Dillington Diaries - Gardening Girl
Sharkfeather - Ren
The Self Sufficient Writer - SimonD
If Grandma Had Been a Blogger - Gawber
My Blue Shed - LynneA
Our New Life In Cynlas - Minum


Still plodding away with mine. Mostly on http://bellecrosshens.blogspot.com/
rather than
http://annie-ayearinthelifeof.blogspot.com/

I find it useful for looking back on...I was fretting about not starting the hedging over Christmas, looking back at my blog I realised we didn't start until the end of January last year

Also it keeps Dad in touch with our comings and goings, more important than ever since Mum's death.

Fee



Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 15902
Location: Surrey Heath
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I'm really enjoying doing Art's little blog, don't know if any of our family and friends actually read it, I send them links when I put pics up sometimes. My inlaws are funny about having their pictures online, so I end up password protecting some posts, which is annoying.

I think it'll be really nice to look back on one day.

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Fee wrote:
I'm really enjoying doing Art's little blog, don't know if any of our family and friends actually read it, I send them links when I put pics up sometimes. My inlaws are funny about having their pictures online, so I end up password protecting some posts, which is annoying.

I think it'll be really nice to look back on one day.


That's a great blog... I am sure when he is older it will become a great treasure to him. I find friends and family do check the blog - not every post but from time to time when they get a few moments.

Went



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

mihto wrote:
Gawber wrote:
mihto wrote:
I'm wondering....

Blogs, writing and reading,

Facebook,

Twitter,

Downsizer and other forums....and whatever else fills your Internet days..

How do you find the time? I mean, between work, children, friends, spouses, gardens, cooking, housekeeping and other hobbies..

Just wondering


No Television....


Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention TV


Well....should have added that also retired, no children and no television in the house so time is a little easier to find for things we want to do...

Green Rosie



Joined: 13 May 2007
Posts: 10498
Location: Calvados, France
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Really enjoy writing ours and we have had our first confirmed booking that came via the blog, not a gite booking website

gz



Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 6678
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 11 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Blogging has been a great help, and now I'm making a few sales via the blog too-potters buy pots!

No TV does help

earthsoul



Joined: 10 Feb 2011
Posts: 320
Location: Ceredigion West Wales
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 11 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

my blog is:
http://earthlysoul.blogspot.com/

Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 22780
Location: In the 17th century
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 11 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Done
A.

cheap-n-cheerful



Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 40
Location: North Lincolnshire
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 11 8:49 pm    Post subject: my blog Reply with quote    

My blog is two years old, and I post almost every day. It is about living on a small income, my hobbies and interests. Walking, holidays and days out, photography, crafty stuff, arty stuff, growing veg, frugal and simple living, and anything that takes my fancy.

www.meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com

Ilona

TimNeo



Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 636
Location: Ashingdon, UK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 11 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

I find my blog goes in cycles - Jan->August, then dies a death then comes back the following year

Odd that.

Going to be more frequent this year (yeah right) now it's about the allotment taking shape in the back garden!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com